Tour Day

smerchly

Thought I'd check out a few spots out for when we get nicer weather . I headed to Jordan and walked across the Bailey Bridge to get a shot of the stream and beauty background ....Camera battery was dead !!  The muddy water is still flowing fast and a cormorant was looking for dinner under the bridge . The conservation park gate was open but I headed to the Beacon to check the marina and lake , both clearing up nicely . Then off to CDP where the pond is still muddy and clear lake water was mixing with the pond water since the berm is gone. Then off to Port Dal. where the harbour is still only 1 ft. vis. but Rennie was about 2' vis. The second I got to the shore a carp jumped in front of me !! Then I checked out a spot on the east side where a "stream" exits into the harbour . As I looked into the semi-clear brakish water a pair of 3-4 lb rainbows passed right by my feet ....and my camera was dead !!  

"Oh what a day it was , glory be"  Nice to get out , lots of sunshine and yep , I got me a case of Miller draft to celebrate !   

I'm going to try for catfish in the afternoon. I notice in Jordan Harbour, the water lever is noticeably higher. Hopefully the boathouse

doesn't get flooded again like a few years back.

7 minutes ago, Port_D_Guy said:

I'm going to try for catfish in the afternoon. I notice in Jordan Harbour, the water lever is noticeably higher. Hopefully the boathouse

doesn't get flooded again like a few years back.

Do you night fish cats? I find that’s the best time. 

49 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

that's the best time for them in our neighbourhood !   :angry:   

We used to fish the Lake of Bays for bass and lake trout . right after dark we would have fun with the catfish fishing from the dock . 

They would bite the worms in seconds ....try catching them in the daytime and notta cat in sight .

Funny thing ...they have beady little eyes but come out after dark to find supper .... 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

In dark muddy water you can get them in the day. Clear water, definitely the same time the walleye would start.

Have to be in the right spot at the right time for daytime.

Just now, Port_D_Guy said:

In dark muddy water you can get them in the day. Clear water, definitely the same time the walleye would start.

Have to be in the right spot at the right time for daytime.

Yes , places like Jordan Harbour , and the 15 -16 mile creek systems have cats biting day and nifgt 24/7 .  At our trailer park at Deseronto we get some BIG cats and drum at any hours of the day. (accidental catches).