Just finished

honeyv

Just finished putting together a trolling motor mount for the kayak. Hoping to test it out this week to see if I need to make any adjustments before I spray paint it, but so far so good! 342633628_1023061035337409_7770612665446299989_n.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Nice set up. You’ll be cruising with that thing. 

Thanks! It's an exciting add-on for sure. I can't wait to test it out this week.  

Sharp looking rig HV ....that  40 should move your yak nicely .  It would look nice on the back of my 16 ft. freighter canoe ! 

I have a new 38 lb. thrust Minn. 

I have been looking at prices for the new much lighter AGM batteries , expensive but worth not having a busted back.

Can Tire has so many to choose from , I have no idea what one would be just enough to get a few hours of trolling in on the canoe ......

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Sharp looking rig HV ....that  40 should move your yak nicely .  It would look nice on the back of my 16 ft. freighter canoe ! 

I have a new 38 lb. thrust Minn. 

I have been looking at prices for the new much lighter AGM batteries , expensive but worth not having a busted back.

Can Tire has so many to choose from , I have no idea what one would be just enough to get a few hours of trolling in on the canoe ......

I was originally planning to hack it up and put it on the back and wire the controls to the seat area while the prop and shaft stay in the back, but I figured this would be the easiest way for now while the motor is still under warranty and gives me a project for the winter if we wind up with another crap ice season again... lol

I used to power my old canoe with a 30. Moved real nicely, so a 38 should do ya great. I went with 40 this time because the kayak + gear is heavier than the canoe I had. I gave the old motor away to my brother years ago so he could use it on his duck boat.  

I like the tubing that the 2x4 attaches to. It makes for a nice clean setup with lots of strength . I need to pull out my kayak and check it over and even start using it this year.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:27 AM, Duncan said:

I like the tubing that the 2x4 attaches to. It makes for a nice clean setup with lots of strength . I need to pull out my kayak and check it over and even start using it this year.

Thanks! There were areas that needed reinforcing just a tiny bit to get rid of the wiggle. So I cut two pieces of wood and wedged them between the battery and the PVC. Tested it out and it works really well. Takes some getting used to. Other than wanting to take a little off the 2x4, I'd say it's pretty decent.  

received_691181792777853.jpeg