Kayak motor?

Davidp16

Hey guys I was wondering would it be possible to attach a little trolling motor on my yak? Just a little something to help with my health issues paddling out further and enjoying it more! This is my yak for refence! And if so what would you recommend that wouldn't kill my bank lol. 

20220818_075711.jpg

Screenshot_20220722-143048_WhatsApp.jpg

Hey David, if a kayak mount is not feasible, is a light canoe an alternative? Something like a sportspal ?
They are really wide and stable and come with a mount for an electric trolling motor.

i’ve got an older one that i use for duck hunting and really like it. I think it weighs about 40-50 lbs.

it not a kayak for sure, but it goes pretty good with an electric.

What's the weight restriction on that kayak? (That's the first thing I would look at) After finding that out. Weigh yourself, weigh your normal gear. See what you are left to play with. 

My Deep Cycle battery is about 60lbs. The mount I made is light, but I'd say around 3lbs. Then the Minnkota is 23lbs (Thats what the box said) 

You could always also hack the motor and rig it to the back, but then you still would need a good Battery and that might be a lot on the back of a 10ft yak. It really depends on what that kayak is rated for. 

12 hours ago, Davidp16 said:

Hey guys I was wondering would it be possible to attach a little trolling motor on my yak? Just a little something to help with my health issues paddling out further and enjoying it more! This is my yak for refence! And if so what would you recommend that wouldn't kill my bank lol. 

20220818_075711.jpg

Screenshot_20220722-143048_WhatsApp.jpg

How’s your knees and legs? Could always buy a Pdl kayak.