L.Ontario Fishing

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Sunday :Gonefishing:

Launched @ 04:45

Calm mornin,probably to calm. My 4 Salmon all came before 07:30,biggest was 19lbs.

Salmon0815.jpg

The next biggest was 15lbs

Salmon08152.jpg

This one got himself hooked up in my other line.

I landed 2 other fish in the 4-6lb area lost one other big fish,and a smaller one.

I also got this LT. He was @ 109FOW,down 92'

LT0815.jpg

All fish were released except the LT,he was to deeply hooked and would not have survived.

I was off the water by 10:15.

Hey Brian, glad to see there still around and your getting them. Those are some fat Lakers.

Won't be there to early, getting a tire fixed and bringing my kids so we'll be there a little later if the winds are OK.

Stevek

There calling for SW 10 km/h in the mornin then NW 10 km/h in the afternoon. A good wind when the suns out :Gonefishing:

:Gonefishing:

Launched at 04:45,trolled my usual route,had 1 pop off and 2 bounces. that was it, left at 11:30. Highlight of mornin was...

Sunup0816th.jpg

I had the cell phone on this mornin and it rang lol I answered it my usual way, when in the boat "HMCS Avro Arrow Laketrout speaking" It was the assistant to the Mayor of Mississauga informing me of a meeting set up with Boeing Canada,topic of meeting will be the old Avro property in Malton. Last year I headed up a group trying to save part or all of this historic plant and have the Toronto Aerospace Museum move in with there yet unfinished full scale (static) replica of the Avro Arrow. Needless to say the plant is now gone,but they are planning on a memorial to what was achieved there in the 1950's.

Hey Brian, the girls and I got there about 1:30. For the first time ever I throw out a flasher and fly. 20min. later the rod goes off. Feel a good weight and I'm telling them see it works, see it works. About a seven lbs. Sheephead, biggest I've ever seen.

Fished till 6:30 and that was it. At least it was a beutiful day to be out with the Kids.

Good fishin, Steve

Stevek Nice fish.

I was late launching this am,I was waiting for a couple of folks from the fish-Hawk board.

Hey doc. How did you guys make out?

I had one small shaker and a bounce,and that was it till the Bar. Pulled everything up and headed out to 360FOW. I know sooner got setup,1 rigger @ 127' the other at 67', rod started bouncing felt him and he was gone. Went another 5mins and the deep rod bounces got a better fish but nothing to brag about.

Salmon0817.jpg

Then nothing until I left at 1pm

As I was pulling my rods up,one of the releases wouldn't release so I gave her,yep the buying must continue,I'm in the market for a new rod.

No fishing tomarrow,I think I'll use it as a Buying day

Let The Buying Continue

Minor Buying Day.

Got a heads up on a new shipment of sold out gear.

I also replaced the rod I broke and have a backup for that rod ;)

New_Rods.jpg

All set for the mornins fishing.

FullofGas

How was the fishin trip!!!

Only 2 fish,1 off of the canal and the other out at 350FOW. My friends from Fish-Hawk site did about the same. How did you do?

;)

Launched @ 05:30. Headed out and started at 25FOW,Strong S-SW wind,nothing to worry about until...... within a 10min. span the airtemp dropped the wind switched to a strong NW wind. I was going to troll down to the Bar and maybe down to 4 mile creek,but with a constant wind gust,and the waves getting bigger,I decided to head into the bay,no luck in there either. Tomarows another day :lol:

Thats not rain on the wind shield :dunno:

waves0819th.jpg

I heard on the VHF were someone fell overboard from a 26' sailboat off of Fifty Point last night,they say he was 1/8 of a mile off shore. If they haven't found him by now I'm afraid he's gone. Hopefully he has no small kids!

Lakeshore and I launched and were fishing by 05:30. First thing I drop the DRiggers over the side the cable snaps and all I could do was say sh*t and wave to my chrome plated weight :blush: as it sunk to the bottom. Luckly I had a backup :D

Headed out off the Canal and got no further. I believe we got 6 fish,and 1 sheepshead. The biggest Salmon being 19+ a 12lber and 2=6-8lbers,and 2 shakers. All but a 6lber (Gill Hooked) and the 2 shakers were released.

Lakeshore played all the fish like a pro. Thanks for coming along.

Lakeshores_fish.jpg

I'm off now to buy a new Rigger weight.

The Buying Must Continue.......

Once again, Thank You Laketrout for helping out a fellow fisherman without their own rig and showing them an awesome time on the water. He is a super host, let me play all the fish, set up all the rods and downriggers and even bought me the coffee in the morning (somehow I think that the guest should be doing that)??

I dont get a chance to get into fish like that, and it was one of the best days I have had in a long time.

I wasnt really a big help in the boat either, since I have never done that type of fishing, but he was patient and was a great teacher.

I know I have said it a million times, but Thanks Again for a Great Time

On a side note, the Sheepshead, that was suppoed to be a secret. Next time we are sitting in the boat I'll have to start a brown or rainbow trout conversation, maybe our luck will turn.

Lakeshore

Your more then Welcome to come anytime.

Went to Grimbsy Tackel this AM. Bought myself 2 new pancake 10lb weights. I was looking for something heavier,but a drive to Fishing World produced even smaller weights.

I was told those chrome weights were 10&13lbs.

Newdownriggerweights.jpg

So I now have a backup for the backup :Gonefishing:

Guest SkeinMachine

Brian,with the tru-trac's rigger ball's,try slightly bending the fin's(placed in a vise)opposite direction's,so they plane away from the boat,increasing your spread width.

Don't bend too much,they'll become unstable.

H.I.H.

HEHe

I was thinking that I could do that,not always a good thing that I start thinking however. :Gonefishing:

thanks for the headsup!!

Archived