Fishing at the Niagara Bar

Lakeshore

Hi everyone. I am a new resident to the Niagara Region and just trying to take advantage of the fishing opportunities here. I keep hearing about a place called the Niagara Bar - I am under the assumption that this is the mouth of the Niagara River that spills into Lake Ontario.

I hear lots of people talk about fishing there in the fall for Salmon and Trout. How do you get to the bar?? I am coming from St. Catharines near Port Dalhousie. And when would most people be heading out there???

I woudl appreciate any help i could get. I am going to try and get out to Port Dalhousie and see what the action is that everyone is talking about there too!

Thank You

Lakeshore

Whenever I get asked about what the Niagara Bar is all about, I always re-direct them to a page at Captain John's website. Check it out at the link below.

http://www.niagarariverguides.com/sys-tmpl...gtheniagarabar/

Also check out the article on rigging.

http://www.niagarariverguides.com/sys-tmpl/january/

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Hi everyone. I am a new resident to the Niagara Region and just trying to take advantage of the fishing opportunities here. I keep hearing about a place called the Niagara Bar - I am under the assumption that this is the mouth of the Niagara River that spills into Lake Ontario.

I hear lots of people talk about fishing there in the fall for Salmon and Trout. How do you get to the bar?? I am coming from St. Catharines near Port Dalhousie. And when would most people be heading out there???

I woudl appreciate any help i could get. I am going to try and get out to Port Dalhousie and see what the action is that everyone is talking about there too!

Thank You

Lakeshore

315[/snapback]

You first need a boat to fish the Niagara Bar,you might want to contact chilli I hear he's looking for a first mate. ;) You can fish the Bar year round,as long as there is no ice.

I'm heading out from St.Catharines Marina at 05:00 tomarow mornin,if you want to come, meet me at the gate at that time. I'll wait till 05:15 My cell # 1 416 209 1468, It will be on in the mornin @ 04:30 tomarrow.

I'll probably troll down to the Bar area.

Archived