wild-turkey1.jpg

Greg McIntyre

Wild Turkey Hunter Education Liaison

Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters

Peterborough, ON

(P) 705-748-6324 ext. 260

(F) 705-748-9577

greg_mcintyre@ofah.org

Attendance at a seminar is mandatory for anyone wishing to hunt wild turkeys in Ontario for the first time. However, these seminars are also open to non-hunters interested in the wild turkey.

What will I learn at an O.F.A.H. Wild Turkey Seminar?

The seminar will provide information on the natural history of wild turkeys, hunting safety and ethics, hunting regulations, hunting techniques, equipment and calling. All seminars are taught by experienced wild turkey hunters.

How do I qualify for a turkey hunting licence?

At the end of the seminar day, the Ministry of Natural Resources gives a written, multiple-choice test. Everyone who passes the test will receive the certificate necessary to purchase a turkey hunting licence.

What else should I know?

If there are no seats left in the seminar you have chosen, you will be called at your daytime phone number and asked to select another date. Your seminar information will be mailed to you a week and a half before the seminar date, you should receive your information package on or around the Wednesday prior to the seminar.

The O.F.A.H. reserves the right to cancel any seminar due to insufficient pre-registration. A minimum of 75 people are needed to hold a seminar.

Seminar fees are $35 and are non-refundable and may not be transferred to another party. Refunds are only available if the seminar is cancelled. If you are unable to attend your selected date you can transfer to another seminar if space remains.

Your registration can not be processed without payment. Seminar registration will close at 11:00 am on the Wednesday before the scheduled seminar date.[/img]

Archived