One Day Shore Trout Derby In Port Dalhousie

blue top

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry guys cant make this one but def the next one i'll still be at port though need to catch some lakers havent caught one yet

sorry guys cant make this one but def the next one i'll still be at port though need to catch some lakers havent caught one yet

Just got in from the trout derby. Today conditions was cold with icy patches if you weren't dressed proper. 24 anglers entered the $10 main derby and 12 entered the $20 Big Pot. Fishing was tough today only 3 trout weighed in with reports of a few smaller trout caught that weighed under 5lbs. Congratulation to the winner John Smith with his rainbow trout weighing 9lbs even . Winning both cash prize total $480. This is John's second win this early trout season When I asked him the secret to he's succuss He said over 40 years of fishing Port Dalhousie. Our 2nd place winner was Mike Snow(Toronto) with his rainbow weighing 8lbs 9 1/2 oz He won a nice Dam fishing vest donated by Peter's Tackle and pack of Berkley minnows and 1 Blue Fox Pixee. Mike had a hot hand today weighing another trout in A brown weighing 8lbs 3oz and one more smaller trout. Di and I had a chance to fish with Mike and his friend. What a smart good angler thanks for the tips Mike.

Thanks to all who came and supported Kids Day Derby by buying 50/50 and bbq today we rasied $100. 50/50 winner Paul Groves(Dr Feelgood) you deserve it and a Special Thank to Bill Ball and George Dillman our sign up and weigh in guys,St.Catharines Game&Fish for rent us the club,Paul Groves, and Peter's Tackle your a great help Angela and your staff.Please add any pics u might have of the derby

The next One Day Shore Trout Derby In Port Dalhousie is Sunday Jan 11 09

Have a safe and happy holidays Hope to see you in the new year

Jay&Brandon(bluetop)

I tried those pink worms for the first time Tommy . I won them from JWL 's prize package last fall & decided to give one a try today . About 10 seconds into my first cast I hooked a nice brown .....8 lb. test P-line & light 10 ft.Shimano rod Thanks to John S. , it was netted after a good 10 min. tug of war ! Fun day & the weather was great ! So were the dogs with ONIONS yeh !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got in from the trout derby. Today's conditions was very cold in the morning and icy. 21 anglers entered the $10 main derby and only 3 entered the $20 big $ pot. The snow we got last night made fishing very tough this morning. Water visibility was 8" with sheets of ice floating by. Only 1 lucky angler weighed in a trout.Congratulation to Raymond Riley with a 7lb 14oz brown trout worth $210. We had no fish weighed in the $20 pot so the 3 anglers that entered pulled stir sticks. The person that had the longest stick won which happened to be me($60) The 50/50 winner was George($33.50) one of the weigh in guys

Today we raised $71 for kids day derby

Thanks go's to Peter's Tackle, St.Catharines Game&Fish,weigh in guys Billy&George and all who helped out

Next Trout derby is Saturday February 7 2009(Please read new rule)

Thanks

Jay&Brandon

Raymond Riley receiving $210

2009_0111Image0002.jpg

Congratulations Ray , :worthy: that was a nice male brown . The water surprized me today , it was so muddy ! And all the sheets of ice going by created a lot of noise as they scraped the sides of the harbour which may have spooked the fish . I believe the water will start to clear up soon since the Welland Ship Canal is empty .....& L.Erie may soon freeze up .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys Heres some pictures from a durby before christmas that i never got the chance to upload

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

it turned out to be 5lbs even when i lifted it of the ground all the way

biggest brown ive ever caught and sorry for the picture delay

Guest fishingnut9

Can anyone give me directions to the Port Dalhousie fishing derby, im comming from Hamilton and is the sign up there also

Thanks Much appriecated

Can anyone give me directions to the Port Dalhousie fishing derby, im comming from Hamilton and is the sign up there also

Thanks Much appriecated

Exit QEW at Ontario St.....turn left at lights and go north on Ontario for about 2km.to Lakeport Rd.....go straight through lights and turn left down Lighthouse Rd . (only about 100 meters) Go down Lighthouse Rd. 200 meters and you will see the club house on the left . hope that helps .

Here's results of today's derby. 22 anglers entered 10 in the $20 big $$$ pot. The conditions was warm and windy. The water was very clear. Only 1 brown trout was weighin at 740am it was 6lbs 7oz caught by Pete Barrette(hawkeye) and held on to win both $$$ pots $420.Congratulations Pete.

Thanks to Billy Ball and George Dillman at the clubhouse. Stacey Thorne for BBQ hotdogs, Peter's Tackle and all anglers who keep trying to catch the big one

See you all at the 2nd Peter Lee Memorial April 4 2009 here some pics of today.

jayfeb709002.jpg

jayfeb709003.jpg

jayfeb709009.jpg

T'was a day for the hardest of the hardcore ! :blink: I stuck it out till the very end !!!! But, the fish feared me !!! :dunno: Congrats Hawkeye , nice brown and real nice prize !! :ph34r:

It was hard to control the drift and hang on to the rods today......The wind blew my fav.Rapala fillet knife into the drink ....gone , gone gone...... :Gonefishing:

But the swans kept us entertained today....almost pulled Jerry Barnetts rod into join my knife !!! icon4.gif

Three thwans a thwimmin.......icon10.gif

swannies.jpg

Guest fishingnut9
Exit QEW at Ontario St.....turn left at lights and go north on Ontario for about 2km.to Lakeport Rd.....go straight through lights and turn left down Lighthouse Rd . (only about 100 meters) Go down Lighthouse Rd. 200 meters and you will see the club house on the left . hope that helps .

yes it did ,thank you no fish though but was a fun day

Archived