Powerful Solar Storm Could Shut Down U.S. for Months

I chose nuclear war as the most likey to happen (Mr. Murphy) :Gonefishing: ,since the weapons are already here & all it takes is a few nut bars to set one off . I hope someday see all of those bombs mutually destroyed . (dreaming I know) .

The movie makers could make a good movie about this possible solar storm (if they haven't already ) and make it more realistic than armegeddon . They could show how the average household copes with no power whatsoever , or people living in high rises with dark cold apartments,etc. Would we have water & sewage ? And crime would be uncontrolable....kind of every man for himself to survive ........A movie like this would get us thinking about a plan to survive a week , month or many months ......We had a huge blackout which was a man made mistake , and it gave many a small taste of what can happen without electricity . We were lucky here , no power loss at all . We have no control over a solar flareup now , but as Hammercarp said we could start improving & protecting our power grid with new technology that is probably in the books now .

Archived