Can you buy pre made Fluorocarbon leaders

coreyhkh

Hey all I have seen the Fluorocarbon leader material but it seems I would have to tie my own swivels do they make pre-made ones like they do wire?

I have tried alot of line this year and I think the clear super line has been the best and Fluorocarbon the worst but allowed me to catch crappy better. So I was think next year I would go with 4 or 6 pound clear superline with Fluorocarbon leader so the best of both.

Do you use a snap swivel to attach your baits to the line? I think tying directly to line that small would be best. Try to avoid using swivels to attach lures to your line especially on the tiny crappie lures, it will help your catch rate. The only reason to use a swivel or a snap swivel would be to avoid twisting your line with lures that spin(in-line spinners, spoons,jigging spoons), everything else should be fished without swivels in my opinion.

The pre-tied leaders are designed to replace wire leaders so they come in heavier guages.

I use a double uni knot on everything from 6 lb flouro to 6 lb braid all the way up to 30lb flouro leaders to my 100lb braid.

see the link below to Mercers site and look at the double uni knot.

The ket is not to have the line cross each other, the two knots should pull against each other with the main lines sliding thru the middle.

If you have the lines crossing each other the finer braid will cut right thru the flouro.

http://www.factsoffishing.com/fishing-tips/rigging-zone/

Archived