slight interruption

Dan Andrews

Hey folks I just wanted to let you know that next week there should be an upgrade happening with the site as the software is getting very old. This will likely result in an outage for a few hours to a day but hopefully we'll be able to get our colour scheme back along with a few old candies that have been broken for quite some time like the shout box and gallery.

The gallery however may disappear altogether depending on technical difficulty- price or space. So if you have images hosted only here then now would be a good time to get a photobucket account.

So if you come here next week and we're not here. . . . . don't panic it will be an intentional thing and better for the site in the long run. :roflblack:

Thanks but running the site and moderating are two separate animals. I can blame the mods for doing such a great job. My end is a wreck right now but at least I got my ads back for now to generate a little income. Gotta pay for bandwidth, hosting etc :skunk:

So he either fell asleep with his beer in his lap , or the upgrade was successful ?!?!

Maybe he fell asleep with a beer in his lap because the upgrade was successful? If he did, why wasn't he sharing? I mean, other than the price of beer in Ontario.

Wow things look a little different but I'll be purchasing some new skins soon as well as trying to get one that looks a little more familiar.

I think the gallery is pooched and I'll likely get rid of it because photobucket etc is just too much easier and we won't have to delete pictures when we start running out of space. Now that the initial upgrade has happened I'll try to get the shoutbox back up and running. Long time members probably remember that. It's like the one that works on OFN.

I see some share buttons :) but we've lost at least 1 smiley (clapping) see any others missing?

I still see avatars and sigs are working.

Anything else missing or not working so far? Report it here

Dan:

I like the new look. Looks good man.

Alex

Well ...I'll be jiggered .........not only got the emoticons going now ,but my long lost avatar just punched in !!! Noticed how I have aged a little guys ? :)

Also, I like having the emoticons on the right side of the page ....nice & handy :Gonefishing:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Three of these to Dan for steping up to the plate and making the improvements to this site. Looking good Dan.:worthy:Catfish

Trying but it's time to take a course. After knocking the site out earlier this year I'm a little trigger shy. Rick got the logo back up but there's still allot of work left to do; if I ever find the time................

Archived