Hair Rig

Frank81

With all the carp talk on here lately me and a buddy decided to go to Peter's and buy some carp specific baits and rigging (some stuff is from new world carp) for this Saturday.

Now I purchased a couple packs of Sumo D-A-M Spiral Hair Rigs and we are stuck as to how we get the Maize and Boilies onto this spring? if that's even how they hook up. :unsure:

hairrig.jpg

Thanks for any help.

-Frank

With all the carp talk on here lately me and a buddy decided to go to Peter's and buy some carp specific baits and rigging (some stuff is from new world carp) for this Saturday.

Now I purchased a couple packs of Sumo D-A-M Spiral Hair Rigs and we are stuck as to how we get the Maize and Boilies onto this spring? if that's even how they hook up. :unsure:

hairrig.jpg

Thanks for any help.

-Frank

I would think this style of hair rig would be best suited for packing dough baits or paste onto.

Thanks guys, so I guess I am back to square one, because I did not buy any dough baits or pastes.

Guess I will just start watching youtube videos and practicing hair rigs.

I have another issue...

Tonight when I tried using the Maize and Boilies on just a #2 hook, I had nothing but issues.

#1 - Maize would not at all stay on the hook for more than two minutes, pretty much first cast.

#2 - I could not get the boilies onto the hook without them crumbling to pieces.

Any pointers?

Thanks guys, so I guess I am back to square one, because I did not buy any dough baits or pastes.

Guess I will just start watching youtube videos and practicing hair rigs.

I have another issue...

Tonight when I tried using the Maize and Boilies on just a #2 hook, I had nothing but issues.

#1 - Maize would not at all stay on the hook for more than two minutes, pretty much first cast.

#2 - I could not get the boilies onto the hook without them crumbling to pieces.

Any pointers?

With the boilies, there is a little hand drill and threading needle for putting boilies on a hair rig or straight to the hook.

Ya. Those rigs you bought are for paste or dough.

You cannot fish a boilie right on the hook. It is too hard. It can only be fished on a hair rig.

Dough is easy.

1/2 cup of flour

1/2 cup of corn meal

1/2 cup of oatmeal

1/2 cup of sugar

Add enough water to make a nice mud of it. Then zap for a couple of minutes in the micro wave. Allow it to cool to room temperature and put it in a plastic bag or container. You can add what ever flavour you like after it is cooked.

Awesome!!

I am going to go back to peters to look for that little hand drill for the boilies and I am going to continue learning how to make my own hair rigs, I am also going to make a batch of that dough tomorrow so I can at least use the couple packs of these spiral hair rigs that I bought.

:thx: Thanks alot guys, your help is greatly appreciated.

Tight Lines :Gonefishing:

-Frank

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived