Doggy Walkathon

Dan Andrews

The SPCA used to be something all hunters would raise money for and even get involved with. That was until the animal rights people took over and started exploiting these animals to raise money to force their vegan agenda down our throats. Well I'm here to tell you there's at least one SPCA in Niagara that hasn't been taken over and they need our help to help those who have been abandoned, lost, turned in due to lack of affordable care or even those that have escaped to their own detriment.

The Fort Erie SPCA is known for not forcing policy down our throat. They highly encourage spay and neutering and even provide a $25 voucher towards the procedure when you adopt a pet but they don't insist on it before you take an animal home.

Here's an example of what I mean. 3 years ago the Niagara Falls Humane Society refused to adopt a dog to a Fort Erie resident that had already adopted two from the Fort Erie SPCA. The Niagara Falls HS was primarily run by anti's and didn't like that the dog would be staying in a barn which was heated and housed other animals. The Fort Erie SPCA realizes that dogs are animals and the nice clean heated barn was a great place for large breed dogs to live. They easily would have adopted that dog out to this good home. The NFHS anti's were shown the door after a public outcry.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=940529&archive=true

So on September 18th @10am Team NFN/NHN be joining a doggy walkathon in Fort Erie to help raise money for the FESPCA to help cover general operating costs. We will be looking for pledges of $100 or $15 dollars to reach our goal but we will be grateful for any amount. You can donate in your own name or make a business contribution. You are welcome to join us for a walk with your dog on the 18th also B)

Cheques have to be in the mail no later than Tuesday the 13th of September (next week) and made out to:

• Fort Erie S.P.C.A.

Mail them to the above

c/o Dan Andrews

820 Grandview Rd

Fort Erie, ON

L2A 4V7

For more info contact the FESPCA at 905-871-2461 or http://www.forteriespca.org/ forteriespca@bellnet.ca http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002114745425

We're shooting for $4000. NFN will start the pledges with the first $100 pledge. Thanks to you the members and your support our sponsors and the google ads we can make a difference for some of these sad cases. There are plenty of heart breaking stories coming through the door of the FESPCA but we can make them into happy endings with your help. Will you or your company partner NiagaraHunting.net to house and feed these sad souls until they find a home? Every $100 pledge gets a free NFN tshirt :Gonefishing::th_fudd:

Pledge list will be edited as it builds :D

Thank you

1. niagarahunting/fishing.net $100
  2. Dave Worden $10
  3. Smerchly $100
  4. Lisa Susin $15
  5. Yvonne Hopkins $15
  6. Bonnie Harris $20
  7. Susan Terreberry $10
  8. Inside Out Landscaping $50
  9. LastMile.net $50
  10. Yvette Rath ‎$20
  11. Trigger Marketing Works $25
  12. Debbie Flemington $10
  13. Sue Salzer $20
  14. Al Gagnon $20
  15. All Aspects Landscaping - Dave Hilston $50

$510

Dan .....did you see the opening of the new 2.5 million dollar addition to the LCHS on the news today .? Harpers wife & R,Dycstra cut the ribbon for the grand opening .....a little politics at play here .......They will be spaying cats there with a full time vet on site.

In memory of my beloved dog , Hershey , who we we recently lost at the age of 13 , I would like to donate $100 to such a worthy cause . Cheque in the mail tomorrow .

Dan .....did you see the opening of the new 2.5 million dollar addition to the LCHS on the news today .? Harpers wife & R,Dycstra cut the ribbon for the grand opening .....a little politics at play here .......They will be spaying cats there with a full time vet on site.

In memory of my beloved dog , Hershey , who we we recently lost at the age of 13 , I would like to donate $100 to such a worthy cause . Cheque in the mail tomorrow .

Thank you very kindly smerchly. what siz shirt would you like for your missus :P

Memorial donations are welcome and a good idea :thx:

I'm sponsoring Shannon, who works at Copyman on Hi-way#3 in Fort Erie.

Cheque made out to FESPCA but mailed to me thus the C/O Dan Andrews :ArcherySmiley:

If anyone is pondering a donation, please don't ponder long. I'm really hoping to hit my target if I get time to canvass. Goose opened yesterday :thx:

There is a special reason I donated to this cause folks.......I wanted to give something back to the SPCA because they saved my dog from death which would have come with a day or two . She was starved along with another dog & the dogs were chained on a very short chain to a kennel with no blanket during the winter . My vet , Dr.M.Toles at a Lake St. clinic saved her life & 4 months later I spotted Hershey on CHCH News , running around tables at our local humane society , & adopted her . She was about 3 to 3.5 yrs.old & lived another 10 yrs with us. We spent lots, keeping her healthy , buying special food at $116 per 30# bag ......so a $100 donation in her memory is very appropriate to us . There will be no more dogs for us ...first time in my life without a dog , but since Mr.McGuinty would exterminate another dog like Hershey , we must do without.

Keep those donations coming , someone has to help these animals , they depend on us for their time on this planet .

I'd like to thank the following for their contributions to my donation to the Fort Erie SPCA through the 1st annual Doggy Walkathon. In no particular order:

Niagarafishing.net, Dave Worden, Bill Andrews, Lisa Susin, Yvonne Hopkins, Bonnie Harris, Susan Terreberry, Inside Out Landscaping, LastMile.net, Yvette Rath, ‎Trigger Marketing Works, Debbie Flemington, Sue Salzer, Al Gagnon, All Aspects Landscaping - Dave Hilston

Together we raised $515 for the Fort Erie SPCA! The last tally I read was 40 dog walkers all raising money for this walkathon. Hopefully we have got the bills paid for the winter but hopefully there are no animals in need either. Right now the best way to help the animals that are there is to provide a loving home. If you are unable you can donate financially at the shelter or even donate pet food and supplies. These lost, abandoned and even sometimes abused animals are the public's responsibility and dog licencing alone won't pay their way.

Hope to see some of my friends tomorrow and I'm sure there are some who wanted to participate in this walkathon but I'm sure there will be a 2nd annual next year :P

:thx:

Thank you Smerchly the sole contributor from this website who donated to the doggy walkathon this Sunday. You helped the Fort Erie SPCA raise just over $4000 at the event. As this was happening 6 dogs and 4 cats were adopted at the adoptathon at the 4th Avenue Petsmart in St Catharines.

The Fort Erie SPCA deserves our recognition as it's only agenda is to find societies homeless animals a home. They don't purchase ad space for the ARA or vegan agenda. They don't promote legislation that could disallow us our access to hunting. They simply provide animal welfare until someone takes responsibility for these animals.

Please consider adopting from the SPCA, any SPCA if your looking for a pet. If you really want to donate to the cause but can't provide a home then try donating dog or cat food and don't forget you can always care for a homeless rabbit or other easy to care for animals.

Thank you Smerchly :thx::worthy:

Archived