Has Anyone Ever Harassed You On The Water?

meatface

does being told by a local that fishes a huge public spot, day in and day out that I have to move my gear so he can set up count? Even though im only using up about 5 square feet lol........ How about if I smile and say are you kidding, and he calls me a pr*ck and a c*nt...........would that consitute harassment lol............regardless great thread.......didnt know this stuff............. as for my claims......I think they are more bankside etiquette based..........:)

does being told by a local that fishes a huge public spot, day in and day out that I have to move my gear so he can set up count? Even though im only using up about 5 square feet lol........ How about if I smile and say are you kidding, and he calls me a pr*ck and a c*nt...........would that consitute harassment lol............regardless great thread.......didnt know this stuff............. as for my claims......I think they are more bankside etiquette based..........:)

I think that's a little ridiculous ... depending on the situation,

Although if your talking about ray's bay in port ... I give elderly people what they want all the time! Intact if I see him walking down I normally give the guy a heads up and if he doesn't feel like moving, I often ofter to move his stuff for him

I was on Simcoe a few years ago flippin docks when a very angry person came to yell that he did not want to see boats everytime he looked out his cottage.I jokingly asked why he would buy a place on the water if he did not like to see boats?He decided to throw me a real nice landscape rock so i traded him for a flare,only time i've fired 1 off. Not many fish in that area so i did not go back,lol.

Guest live2fish85

I have had people do donuts around me with there jetski. I have hit them with sinkers and missed a few times with spinners.

If your going to be an idiot you will get what you deserve. It isn't about my safety either as they won't tip my boat, just ignorance that pisses me off.

I was drift fishing from shore at Queenston with some others about 10 years ago and an American guy on a seadoo kept buzzing the shoreline well inside of our casting range. When I finally got his attention and voiced my displeasure he stopped his machine and and hurled insults. I invited him to come ashore and noticed my fellow anglers gathering rocks..........he wisely stayed out of range. Some people are just born butt holes.......................Boog

Guest live2fish85

born butt holes...........priceless........I have met a few of these people in HH.........

Theres buttholes anywhere you go. Not just a matter of Hamilton.

There is alot of crack heads and street donkeys in Hamilton though lol.

street donkey.......................now that's funny. LMAO.

if you have a problem, take pics, video, etc and post it on here. I'll get my buddy from NRP marine unit (if it's local) to check into it. they always want to know about incidences like this.

as a truck driver and now an instructor, there's one thing I've noticed after more than 2 million miles driven...........common sense is something that a large percentage of folks are born without, or were last in line when God was handing it out. funny how ignorance and lack of common sense always seem to go hand in hand.

we were on a houseboat in Pidgeon Lake I believe it was. I know it was extremely shallow, so it must have been Pidgeon. some of you may remember Three Bouys houseboat rentals............they were friends of my step father and they gave us a real good deal for two weeks. there were four families on that boat, so it was a bit cramped, but loads of fun. anyway, the one family were quite obviously drunks and they always had something wet in their hands. the one day, the guy was driving and was so obviously drunk, cause he was all over the place in a rather shallow section of the lake. there were guys fishing all over the place and he was rather too close to them. next thing you know, my step father hauls ass up the stairs to the flying bridge and starts yelling at the guy and he starts swearing and slurring back at him. then all of a sudden, you see him doing a rather impressive back flip and double pike that most divers would be proud of, right into the drink. followed by the life ring. my dad had thrown him off the bridge into the water and also the life ring, just in case. it was freakin hilarious.................maybe not for him. everyone who was close enough and fishing in the boats were laughing their asses off. he never drove the boat again that entire trip. he did manage to screw up the docking procedure in the lift lock at Peterborough though, cause he was trashed. I got it in there perfect, but he was so hammered that he let the ass end of the boat drift out cause he forgot to tie it off.

I got quite a few stories about irate cottage owners, idiot boat operators and payback stories, but there's not enough space available, or you'd get bored before you finished reading them. LOL.

Rich

I was fishing Port D ( Ray's Bay) in April and some kids were throwing rocks into hole from the top of the hill. At first I thought it was squirrels rolling rocks down the hill hahahaha. After about the 8th rock I caught on, much to my delight a couple of NRP 's were across from the SGAF ramp having a pow-wow, I told them what was going on and sure enough one car went to the top of the hill while the other stayed at the bottom. While as one would think the kids bolted down the hill right into the path of the other officer, they were given a firm talking to and the parents were probably notified and that was the end of it.It was a case of kids being the little buggers they somtimes can be, but getting hit in the head with rock would have probably caused me a good headache, the thing that really got me angry is the Rainbows were hitting good hahahaha

Archived