Battery Box

The Ketchican Kid

Check car quest, partsource, ct even tsc they should all carry vented battery boxes marine shouldn't matter due to battery boxes need to be water proof in cars as well

If you are using a SLA battery just buy a dry box that will fit your battery. Then pick up a wire seal that looks like the one linked at Home Depot or Lowes. They are with the plastic conduit. Get the smallest one you can, but make sure it will fit your wires/connectors. Drill a hole in the dry box to fit the seal. Be very careful that you don't crack it. Run a small bead of marine silicone around the hole and install the seal. Pad the box with a little foam if your battery is loose. Run your wires through the seal, install your battery. Now you have a water tight battery box.

Or if you prefer to have it done for you check this out at kayak fishing supplies.

• 3 weeks later...

The post and replies have been very helpful for me on my quest to set up my yak with a Piranah max 160. The only problem is that the lead from the battery to the head unit is less than 2 feet! I would like to store the battery in dry box in the back hatch. Anybody come across this issue? Sorry if this is hijacking a post, but seems related. Thanks

You can cut off the spade connectors from the battery cable and splice on what ever length of cable you need. Pick up some marine butt connectors and new spade tip connectors at canadian tire. They crimp on and are very easy to use. Buy the ones with the heat shrink attached.

Archived