C.o Great Guy

gunner-2

I know i posted that night fishing was at it's end for me

but my buddy just got home from up north and called me to

get out one more night no prob very slow night first when we got there

cleaned up all the garbage around the area if this keeps up it's going to be another

spot closed down to fisher men any ways about 10:00 he had a visitor a C.O dropped by

asking how the night was going then asking for fishing license my buddy handed his to him

i wen't to get mine oh no that day i was cleaning out my box and took my license out and forgot

to put it back in i was thinking this night was going to end bad but we got talking to him for a wile

then he looked at me and just gave me a warning so guys make sure you have your license with you i got lucky

THIS TIME if it was some other CO i think the night would have ended differently A BIG THANK YOU TO THIS OFFICER

but now the night shift is over for now018_zpsd11650ee.jpg

full garbage bag 021_zpsf16a51f6.jpg

and the last cat till next sping

Why is that the last cat until spring?

I fully accept your reason! But, you have to get out for some Fall cats...nothin better than venison steaks and catfish fry!

I fully accept your reason! But, you have to get out for some Fall cats...nothin better than venison steaks and catfish fry!

Ya i might be able to get a few nights in do they hit well at night in the fall

A friend and myself were fishing for browns at Port D and ran into a couple of COs. They checked his licence first and I said I guess I'm next. It wasn't in my wallet as I had forgotten to take it out of my tackle box after returning from the cottage. I accompanied the officer to his truck and he called his office to verify that I did in fact have a licence, then he said enjoy the rest of your day and put your licence back in your wallet. So I also encountered a reasonable CO.

I had a co check me in the soo, I qas fishing bass and pan fish and he was on his way to his camp. No uniform. I had forgotten my license at home, luckily it was one of the family fishing license free weekends and he informed me to keep my license on me. Then I picked his brain for some walleye and pike spots ect, great guy. Same with the guys that go to nab the snaggers in jordan.

Yes the co was great this thing just don't happen not

all the time any ways thats great cptpronin he didn't

ask me to go to his truck but did tell us to go ahead

and fish but with only one rod so we fished for an hour

then left

CO's are just humanlike you and I.And there just like the police. If you give them attitude your going to get attitude right back.

CO's don't have a minimum quota they have to fill to justify their inflated salaries, so they are not like the police.

And they are both unionized gov't workers...which makes their humanity debatable.

When I trained to be a CO back in the dark ages (still hunted pterodactyls with rocks back then) I was with a guy by the name of Frank Pozo. His guiding principle was "Was there criminal intent?'" If he checked a bucket and the guy had 51 perch because of an obvious miscount, he ALWAYS got a warning AND one of Frank's personal cards with his contact numbers on it. The deal was that now.... if you spotted a poacher in the act, you owed Frank and he wanted a call immediately. He gave poachers hell around the Parry Sound area for years and they could not figure out how he would know. Frank had a hundred set of eyes out there looking to return the favor. It sure worked for him.

Just a thought guys. With all of the smart phones out there, you might consider scanning your licences into yours just in case. I have mine in and thankfully I have never needed it but at least you got your outdoors numbers so they can check quick. This does NOT replace having your licence with you but at least the CO knows that you are not trying to pull one over on him (or her)

I'm home and my fishing license is sitting in my boat glove box, I never never put it there, why who knows ? fluke ? just called my buddy who is up north to go get it a bring it home for i can go out fishing this week

Reminds me of couple weekends ago while sedooing on Erie, we were tubing, had a 3 seater sea doo, 2 of us on the tube, 2 on the sea doo. Cops rolled up on sea doos, and my father in law didnt have his boaters card on him. cop said "lucky for you i'm in a good mood" let him go with warning, could have been a G in fines.

Archived