Fly Swap

snaggy

Hey guys,

Saw that this has happened in the past and now that I am a tier I thought it would be cool to be in one as I could learn and benefit a lot from the way others tie. I was wondering if any of the other fellow NFN'ers would be interested in doing one this spring, I would be willing to be the swapmiester. We could discuss a theme, a due date and all that once we have some interest. Looking for at least 6 people probably. Let me know, Thanks guys!! :D

Members in on Swap

1 - Coachman

2 - Dave C

3 - Gnfshn

4 - Tom S

5 - Schnipster

6 -

Yes the last fly swap was fun. The theme was bass flies, and everyone got some very nicely tied and effective flies. I co-ordinated the last one but I'm not really in a position to do it this time around (lots of doctor and physio appointments every week). But if you get it off the ground count me in!

All of those could work. If we only get a few people, what if we all tied up our favourite bass pattern, AND or favourite trout pattern. Then that opens the door and we will all get a wide variety of flies.

Id prefer flies to swing...i dont nymph fish. Steelhead/bass/salmon flies would all be fine theres lots of variety to choose from.

Gnfshn tied a nice simple perch pattern last time we swaped was a bass killer on the grand. Once we have enough people can just say what your going to tie...so we are not tying same fly.

All of those could work. If we only get a few people, what if we all tied up our favourite bass pattern, AND or favourite trout pattern. Then that opens the door and we will all get a wide variety of flies.

Thats a great idea.

I'll have to take a look at my materials to make sure I have enough polar bear, but if I do, I'll tie up some Black Ghosts (great for trout and salmon). For the other fly, I'll probably choose a Zonker pattern (bass and trout like them, btw).

If we're going with the one bass one trout fly idea, I'll tie up a simple yet effecting olive marabou streamer for bass. Smallies on the grand swallowed em up last year. For trout I'll have to think about it as I am not that great at tying g the smaller flies yet. Maybe some elk hair caddis

I will tye a prom dress intruder, and rabbit strip worm pattern that has worked well for me. Just fill me in on the details of where to send...quantity and return self addressed stamped envelopes i assume?

I got enough pt nymphs and copper johns to fill a bus..where is this happening?

Its a mail swap....two patterns, one trout, one bass. Snaggy is collecting them and distributing. He should fill us in on the details. But usually you send yours to him with a self addressed stamped envelope included. He sorts and returns everyone.

Yes, 1 bass 1 trout (can be steelhead too, really general statement so pretty much anything goes lol) mail them to me along with a self adressed envelope with postage and I will sort. You send in 6 of each pattern and you will not get any of your own back. Once we have one more member I for the swap I will PM you guys my mailing Address.

I'm not going to have enough polar bear for the Black Ghosts I wanted to do. I'll be checking on-line to see if I can find a patch in good shape.

Hey coachman, you might want to check this fellow out. He sells polar bear 1x1" patches for 2 dollars a piece and he is located in Caledonia. He also has a lot of other tying materials for great prices. http://m.kijiji.ca/fishing-camping-outdoors/hamilton/fly-tying-materials-fly-fishing/v?adId=597957588&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1428065829097

Archived