Kayak Trout?

GMGraham

I started in Lake O this morning but got nothing (didn't stay too long). Had a boater tell me he picked up zero fish on the fish finder between Jordan and Port D. That's when I decided to go in for cats. I keep hearing about Port Weller, but just wondering if anyone else has targeted them from the kayaks at all. I might go back and try between the chocolate and clear water line at the mouth of Jordan Harbor again.

Depending on your definition of Port Weller and how far out you are going ... the ships going in and out of the canal will not stop or slow for a kayak let alone a boat and they move at a faster than expected clip.

Ya I won't paddling into (or near) the canal, but thanks for the tip. My Grandad was a chief engineer, I spent a lot of time on the ships with him growing up (traveled the great lakes with him). I'm talking about the marina side. The bays, and out towards the point.

You could do real well in that area.

i know a few charters liked to hang in that area. Just need to experimwnt with depths. Could pick up lots of carp in the jones beach bay.

heard stories of pike in the bays off of the canal pier.

Ya I want try around there for Pike when it opens. I'm more of a Pike, Bass, Walleye guy anyways. Still trying to learn the trout tricks.

• 1 month later...

Archived