Phone,Net,TV

smerchly

Another $$$ hit on our package today . We now pay $170 month for the Cogeco package . We watch about 5 hrs.TV per week & could get by with 3 channels . No sports or movies are watched , mostly news . Internet doesn't need to be super duper fast , I can wait 10 seconds to load up . The home phone has call display to  screen out the solicitors . We are looking at alternatives ....not Bell particularly as they have done the same thing by jacking up the prices at will . We can do without a TV ....ours is about 30 years old (lol) with a huge 27" screen !  Prices go up everyday....my income is fixed ....looking for a cheaper alternative including using an antenna for TV.

Ya,  we Canucks pay dearly for our cell phones &  entertainment devices .....but on the other hand , I don't spend zero bucks at movie theaters or at sport games . Just looking for the basic ring -a-ling phone (no long distance plans) , local TV... which an antenna can reach , and simple internet .....with You Tube ! :P    I have Adblock , but lately I see too many ads pop up on news sites & You Tube which are a pain in the @ss . Ads spoiled  TV many years ago & now they are invading the www. I will not watch them on either medias . The ads will start playing just by running the mouse over them ! 

I got rid of my cable and home phone 5 years ago . I was paying cogeco over a $100 per month and bell $45 a month plus my cell phone bill . now all I have is my cell that I use the hot spot on for my laptop and a antenna. I get 28 channels over the air for free .saved all that money for fishing stuff . lol td

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, smerchly said:

Another $$$ hit on our package today . We now pay $170 month for the Cogeco package . We watch about 5 hrs.TV per week & could get by with 3 channels . No sports or movies are watched , mostly news . Internet doesn't need to be super duper fast , I can wait 10 seconds to load up . The home phone has call display to  screen out the solicitors . We are looking at alternatives ....not Bell particularly as they have done the same thing by jacking up the prices at will . We can do without a TV ....ours is about 30 years old (lol) with a huge 27" screen !  Prices go up everyday....my income is fixed ....looking for a cheaper alternative including using an antenna for TV.

Bill, go on facebook and contact Gary Matthews: Hes in Norfolk.  Ghostware Android box, custom and Expat IPTV for $60 for six months...excellent best out there !!! You even get the world fishing Network. Tell your cable company to go pound it.

On 9/21/2017 at 6:52 PM, DaveC said:

Bill, go on facebook and contact Gary Matthews: Hes in Norfolk.  Ghostware Android box, custom and Expat IPTV for $60 for six months...excellent best out there !!! You even get the world fishing Network. Tell your cable company to go pound it.

Hey Bill you can always ask me $10 /month almost 300 channels English  also all the news channels plus sports and a full tv guide  

Thanks guys ....the TV is my lowest priority since we seldom watch the thing . ....like today we watched the 6 pm CH news for 20 minutes . We get other news on line ,even from England (Mail on Line) which has more in depth stories & pics.  from N.America . We watch You Tube much more (  2 hrs. of Mike Masse last night) . The land phone is portable  to yak in the back yard or patio & has call display to screen out solicitors ,& takes messages....that's all we need.

So far no problems but the price is nuts.  For fishing , I have the 7-11 special flip phone and buy minutes of time periodically .....handy for me if I need to call the mnr .....or an ambulance .   B)

I will call cogeco to see about cancelling the TV cable  or all of it .  (they put me on hold longer than 5 min.,    I'm gone ) ......

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, smerchly said:

So far no problems but the price is nuts.  For fishing , I have the 7-11 special flip phone and buy minutes of time periodically .....handy for me if I need to call the mnr .....or an ambulance .   B)

I have cell phones for both my wife & I for emergency use, and have been using the 7-11 pay-as-u-go system for 2 years now.

Its great because its the cheapest cell phone system out there, and piggybacks on Rogers, so good Canada wide!

Archived