Cootes area open for carping again

fishfight

The area got reopen for carping again, they had a 20th anniversary on Aug 25. I have not landed a carp in 4 years , tried 1-2 times each year during spring to no luck. I actually sneaked in there once during june, Cool to be fishing alone,  the area was a mess with tons of debris all over the ground. I saw lots of shad surfacing, a cayaker was fishing in and out of the canal at 2 am in the morning. He did not catch any fish that same night I was there. Water level was higher than normal.

I have completely lost my mojo in Carp fishing. Not sure how to get it back! 

Lost my mojo as well fishfight . I think the carp have put the word out on me , or they can smell my scent on my maize !  Getting desperate now, I will try a fat dew worm or dough ball to trick them !  ,,,,,or wear a  balaclava over my puss ......Hope you find your mojo .

edit !  :blahblah1:

....this smerchly guy has too much time on his hands ! !  :crazy:  Cool it smercho & get out fishing more !   :angry:

The numbers that the carp trap personnel counted year by year have been going down. The area hardly ever get busy these days. I was always alone when I go there to try.  Not even the Hungarian Gypsies ever showed up, who used to land carp and placed them inside suitcases with wheels for easier transport.

Smerch,.............. I thought you always do decent on Carp fishing. If we cannot catch the known abundant species Carp , what can we catch? .............Bugs!

did a carp run today ... grabbed a can of p & c corn  & off to Gibby ...got there a little late for the morning bite but gave it a shot . A fellow (John) was walking by & asked what I was fishing for . When I said "carp" , he came to chat .....very nice guy ....and very knowledgeable about carping . (hope to see him browsing nfn soon) . :)

As John was getting to leave & my back was turned from my rod (of course) the rod bent & the fight was on & he netted it for me .  About 10 minutes after he left I rigged up some fresh P & C ...tossed it out ...& before I set the back drag another carp hit hard ....Both fish were a good 10 lbs+ ... didn't weigh them . ...using a hair rig .

Archived