These winds could be good

boogaloo

For bringing water temps down. If air temp stays low and the wind subsides we may get some early ice. Heres hoping............................Daniel

33 minutes ago, boogaloo said:

For bringing water temps down. If air temp stays low and the wind subsides we may get some early ice. Heres hoping............................Daniel

She's ripping up a storm right now Boogs !  Had to put a canon ball on each foot today !

According to Intellicast Weather , next Tues .should be only -6C , then -10C overnight  with more colder than normal after .... If the wind subsides

we should get a start on some ice  .  I was practicing a few days ago , using a short ice rod, using a 1" Ice Rap ....caught my first "Ice" perch !  :Gonefishing:

8 hours ago, boogaloo said:

Good stuff Smerch. Be hard to catch up to you the way you been practicing.

Went back to the scene of the crime today in that BLOWING wind , and not a sniff .....well ,almost .....A small brown surfaced and  tapped my bobbing float !  If I had a hook on the float I might have caught the brown .  B)  The guys were trouting from the west side at Port today.... all the current was on that side  .Wasn't too bad with the west wind behind them and a few buildings to break the wind .

....and ....as an added attraction to your viewing pleasure ......( found on west wall)

As usual  I 'm on the prowl for tossed line , hooks ....and other "goodies"  that can be rescued , cleaned up and reused . I can always count on finding plenty of line , some with hooks , leaders , weights, beads ...you name it  !  I found this (contraption) that has been in the water a while but still looks usable . I looked it up on the WWW .... low and behold....it's a carp bait feeder !  It needs a little tlc , and I can think of all kinds of goodies to pack in it .  So the moral of this story is .....keep your eyes peeled on the trash ( whilst picking it up) & you may be rewarded with treasures . 

A1huCTud7GCQjeIf6y285qmFixa05QTvC0n19ksY

Archived