Lake Erie trib

Tyler0420

Fished a Canadian side Lake Erie trib today, no luck water was prime colour and on the drop. Fished for an hour or two and decided to go look for a lamp ray dam that we’ve heard of. Found the bridge we were suppose to and walked down river like we were told. 1.5 hours later still no dam.  Headed back to the truck and decided to go check above the bridge where we seen two vehicles pull into when we got there and sure enough two seconds up above the bridge was the dam. What a piss off that was. It was crazy bush wacking the whole time we went down river. So atleast we fished some new waters and ended up finding the dam. Would of been a worse day if we never found it.    Oh ya. One sucker caught actually.  

D5E5C781-08EE-4E9F-8913-67A2DE1FAED0.jpeg

Right on...at least you got out and gave er a go... if it was a lamprey dam....years back I saw the mnr empty a lamprey trap on the st Mary's river at the dam....they hauled it up to empty it....there was so many that they where filling up garbage cans with them and they where spilling on the road while they loaded them on a truck

What a great looking spot  !  Looks like a good spot for giant brookies !  ;)  You can have a ball catching suckers , they have a lot of spunk for their size ,  sort of like "junior" carp .haha

JWL....

I'll  bet there are people who would love to smoke those lampreys  !  

Dont know about eating the aliens...lol...but when I was a kid we used to go down the maid of the mist at night and catch all kinds of American eels for fun....all c&r ....we just thought it was neat to catch them....got one steelie this year with a munch mark on it

Hey speaking of lamprey.....I found the pic of my one for this year that got munched.....caught it January 14.....need Tyler's help to post the pic wink wink!@°.... 😉 haha

Archived