Huron trib today

Tyler0420

Maxed out my hours working this week so I decided to fish today. Showed up around 7:15am to the river and it was still high but a decent Colour.  Couple people casting half way across the river, I decided to keep it tight to the shoreline. 4 cast later, fish on. Took off like a rocket and it was gone. Next cast fish on again, landed that one. Couple casts later fish on again. Landed that one.  3 fish in the first hour and nothing else the rest of the day. Seen 3-4 other fish caught. Decent day even though we fished in the rain for most of it.  

That's a fine looking trib Tyler ....looks like the north country !   Congrats ....another fine day of fishing (catching) .  

Picture posted say it's 44.91KB  .....can be zoomed much larger on my screen .....maybe need to add other photos in another post ?  

Still lots of ice on shore, not much room to move around....Crazy rain coming this Sunday and next week, I hope she is ready for the opener. 

Last year I fished that system on opening day at 9.6 high, snow and -1C, only 11 guys below the dam lol.  By 5 pm my arms were sore, never had a day like that on opening day when the dam had no one fishing in the pm, lol.

Our "Steel Dreams" tournament was cancelled this year due to shore ice, making fishing unsafe.  Very good call by the team that was organizing the tournament.  

Looks like a cold April in the weather forecast....might be a long steel season:)

13 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Can’t post the fish pic it must of been too big. 

Story of my life...lol.  Water looks perfect. 

Right on  ....water looks nice... only water I got to see this week so far was working in the rain...lol...man that cuts into the fishin time...Haha.... thanks for the tease.....

14 hours ago, steelshady said:

Still lots of ice on shore, not much room to move around....Crazy rain coming this Sunday and next week, I hope she is ready for the opener. 

Last year I fished that system on opening day at 9.6 high, snow and -1C, only 11 guys below the dam lol.  By 5 pm my arms were sore, never had a day like that on opening day when the dam had no one fishing in the pm, lol.

Our "Steel Dreams" tournament was cancelled this year due to shore ice, making fishing unsafe.  Very good call by the team that was organizing the tournament.  

Looks like a cold April in the weather forecast....might be a long steel season:)

The ice that is left is farther back on the shore. Still 6ft high but there’s room to walk. If looking down river the left side has the ice shelf. Right side is clear.  

9 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

It’s probably mud today after all the rain from friday and Sunday. 

That's ok...still nice to get the reports...something to look forward to when I get out and do "the weekend warrior " thing..or have the odd rain day

Archived