Lake Levels

smerchly

Here we go again ....we may break the 2017 water levels soon ....Heavy rains today & more on the way today .....more expected in the Ontario through the week .

This may happen every year from now on ..... When the piers are repaired , they may have to add another 2 feet of cement to keep them above water !  Kachingo !

I din't know if we had this much trouble before they dammed the lake at Cornwall ....but we also have much more water flooding into the lakes from expanding cities...

I have a 40 gal barrel on one side of my garage ....It can fill up in 20 minutes with a heavy rain . I could canoe down the street today as the storm sewers couldn't handle it.

I  don't see  a fix in site except start shoring up the low spots in the lakes (dikes) !

All that thick ice on Erie plus the rains might have added to the high waters .....

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9390215-niagara-s-flood-watch-continues/  ...my daughter sent me a picture from their newly acquired trailer at Weller's Bay & they have water under the trailer.  We are fortunate as our trailer has a 3 to 4' bank at the bay....done deal today !   :Gonefishing:

Archived