Potholes

мормышка

Does St. Catharines give compensation for pothole damage done to car?

I hit a really bad one in Port Dalhousie on 182 Main St. early this morning. A neighbor there said road work was done recently.

The patching was washed away. Hole filled with water. 

Three other wheel covers were there from other cars. While talking to neighbor there a car drove through it and hit pretty

good. Didn't stop, but I'm sure tire is damaged. Mine was bent rim and air leaked out.

The city should pay for your damage , hope you get compensated .  The pot holes can't be fixed properly when they dump new stuff into a wet pot hole , but they will not take the time to blow the water out enough to make the filler stick . That whole patch should be replaced . 

Can't wait to see the lawsuits when people riding on their electric scooter hit a pot hole .....

There are robotic self driving pot hole fixer-uppers and THIS Python pot hole thingy blows the water away first (2 min) then lays hot asphalt in the hole ....one man operation . It can lay 12-15 tons a day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TqstDb3ipU

Claim submitted through region. Can't give claim amounts because nobody open today. It will be Monday thing.

Can take up to 6 weeks for decision.

I'm sure this one pothole will eat up lots of their money.

Can't imagine a 20" aluminum rim with skinny tire hitting that at 4o km and surviving. At least steel bends.

Just hope the ball joint or wheel bearing wasn't rocked.

49 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Can't imagine a 20" aluminum rim with skinny tire hitting that at 4o km and surviving. At least steel bends.

Just hope the ball joint or wheel bearing wasn't rocked.

These newer vehicles with 20" rims and skinny tires can take a beating from pot holes .They have half the rubber but twice the price .... My Astro van has 15" rims with high wall tires and can take a pot hole better , but can still damage the suspension.

Good luck M.

6 minutes ago, genec said:

Welland has a pothole patching truck, but I’ve seen the thing work, and it takes ages to do one patch with gravel, sprayed with tar.

not a very efficient time usage!

The city looks at the $$$  costs to patch a hole . Pay one person instead of two or three , even if it takes more time. If the patch isn't done properly , then it will cost more to redo it and pay for damages to vehicles .  Maybe using cement would be cheaper in the long run ?

I had the battery knocked out of the tray of my camry and car would not start after hitting a massive pot hole in Canadian Tire parking lot. I boosted car and it started, and got it home. Checked and it was not charging. So I bought a new alternator $450 and $190 for a new battery. Then next day I went and took pictures of the pot holes almost 8" deep. I sent the claim to Canadian Tire to the place they instructed me to, and they sent me complete amount I paid. I had to send back a dispute settled form to them was all. Then about 2 weeks later they re-paved half of the parking lot. I told some friends, you can thank me for getting the Can Tire parking lot paved...lol. The person I spoke with on the phone was telling me that the people hired to look after maintenance on the lot was being notified of not properly maintaining the property. 

I hear most cities will pay for reasonable damages from road work of its a tire, rim or suspension..in fact Ive even heard Cambridge mayor advertise it on the radio if your car has suffered damages from neglected road repair to submit a claim. A lot of it is the regions responsibility. I doubt they get many claims, so Im sure youll get paid for damages...I think it cracked your fishing rod too, and damaged the bearings in your reel no? haha

Archived