Lake Gibson Lunker ( Pics added )

Guest Rockfish

Guest Rockfish

Well boys and girls as Scotty would say, :D went out for dinner with a girlfriend in St. Cath. tonight and after decided to go to Gibson for a few casts.

Didn't have my regular tackle and stuff with me or a camera but had stopped by Peter's Tackle earlier and got a few lures on sale.

Met a guy named Dean at Gibson, yaked to him for a bit and first cast with this new lure, a perch coloured 3.5 " Berkley Frenzy Firestick and hook and land a close to 20 lb beast.

Thanks to Dean (Pescatoro) for getting the net out of my trunk, which only the fish's head basically fit into and for using his throw away camera. Also thanks to knightfisher and boston for info on perserverance in fishing those spots. :D

Will have pics tomm. when film is developed.

;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rockfish

Sorry Bubba, it will get posted tomm. sometime in the aft. :D

Dean has tried to join the site but has had pc problems and can verify the lunker, we thought it was an alligator. ;)

Guest BowHunta

Hey dave wheres this pic at bud...Should of calld me to go fishing...My computer has been down for over a week and have been doin nothin but fishing and welding lol....

Nice going Dave....... :Gonefishing: .......nice to see a local musky being caught ! That "critter" sure could eat up a few racoons ! :D It looks like a 20# to me .......a quick measure could give a close guess . I was surprised it was dark when you caught it.........but I heard of musky being caught late in the Kawartha Lakes at night . Congrats buddy........hope your next one that big has dots on it ! :)

Guest Rockfish

Thanks guys, I should have at least measured her up with my rod or something but she/he is probably closer to 45" since I am 6 ft. tall, lol.

The funny thing is I've been told there are bigger ones in there closer to 25 - 30 lbs. :)

Caught it about 8:30 Smerch and I was just telling Dean that close to dark are some of the best times to get some big fish.

:Gonefishing:

Guest Rockfish

:):D:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

we are so not worthy!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

We have a winner! NFN logo or not!

The contest is for Pike, but I don't mind a good sized Ski. :Gonefishing:

Archived