Long Weekend Bassin'

Andrew30

Fished the Niagara Bassmasters 2 day Upper/Lower bass tournament this weekend with Peter Elphinstone from Top Notch Tackle. Had a great couple days on the water.

First day on the Lower River/Lake Ontario was a tough bite. Lots of fish but the big ones were shy. Day 2 on Upper and Lake Erie was a bit better. Ended up getting a nice kicker with about 1 hour to go that weighed in for 5.22lb to take big fish for the day, as well as gave me the edge to squeak out a win for the weekend.

Most fish were caught on Poor Boys' smoke red/black fleck tubes, including the big girl in the picture below.

FirstTournyWin.jpg

These are the tubes that have continued to land me big bass all year. Many other great colours that work as well. These happened to be the hot tube for me yesterday.

IMG_0211-1.jpg

Thanks to Pete for a great weekend on the water and putting me on some great fish as always!

Anyone interested should contact Pete or myself if you wanna see what Niagara Bassmasters is about. Great group of guys that know what they're doing. Always a fun time on the water, and were always looking for more non-boaters.

Thanks,

Andrew McGhie.

Nice job, good that you tackled that big one with not much time left....Hey I really like that shirt you have on too. Good going Andrew.

Way to go Andrew ! My biggest bass today isn't even close to those brutes . I would have won a prize for the smallest smallie for sure . Ya....like that shirt too .

• 1 year later...

Archived