Turkey Season

Buckshot

Turkeys were taunting me today...drove down Windmill Point Rd....6 Toms standing in the middle of the road.(i was tempted not to slow down)..but stopped and waited for them to clear...pulled up beside them and just gobbled with my mouth..they all lit right up!..pretty funny!

Yesterday morning while out scouting I stopped on rd where I knoe one was rooster and doesn't the bugger fly down on the rd at about 20 yards from my car !!!!he took his sweet a$$ time and hopped into the feild where the hens where already n started strutting like crazy ! This weather is a downer but all we need is a little heat n sun n they will go nuts hopefully by the weekend !

Couple pics from yesterday morning that I managed to grab..as turkeys crossed the road..not the greatest pics..but didn't have time to play with camera and get correct settings under the lighting and weather conditions (foggy..rain..etc..)

409277223.jpg

409277231.jpg

Went for a drive today to do some pre-opener scouting of the fields this morning..figured there would be a lot of birds out strutting with the nice sunny weather..drove all the back roads home..and some detours..from Fort Erie to St.Catharines..Only turkeys I seen were these!

409285439.jpg

409285457.jpg

409285449.jpg

Hopefully I see the other kind of turkeys..at the end of the barrel tomorrow morning!..

Good Luck everyone!

Went for a drive today to do some pre-opener scouting of the fields this morning..figured there would be a lot of birds out strutting with the nice sunny weather..drove all the back roads home..and some detours..from Fort Erie to St.Catharines..Only turkeys I seen were these!

Hopefully I see the other kind of turkeys..at the end of the barrel tomorrow morning!..

Good Luck everyone!

I had to slow down while driving my van this morning as a turkey took it's sweet time crossing the road near Fenwick . They know when the season opens lol

Anyone smack a thunder chicken yet ? Myself ... Have had a tuff go with no cooperation from weather etc ! Still called birds in yesterday but couldn't get the toms away from the hens so it's game on with a new game plan !!

Nothing for me yet either!..had 2 hens walk by me at 10yds yesterday morning at 6:05...but no horny followers..I also need to change my gameplan..I've noticed..and heard from a few fellow hunters that the birds have been pretty silent over the last 3-4 days (no gobbling)..Anyone else finding that?..

I saw a few hens and one jake while hunting all day Saturday. I heard two toms gobbling throughout the day, and moved around a bit but couldn't get them to come out. The hens and the jake I saw were completely silent. I'll hopefully be back at it next Saturday with a slightly revised gameplan.

Goodluck everyone!

I've heard gobblers sounding off both in the tree and After fly down but hit the ground and went silent ( or ran away from me lol ) but yesterday as weather got warm had two gobbling around me but same thing ... Stuck to hens ..... Jake decoy ??? Hmmmm maybe or find birds that are in the prowl ... It's a crap shoot sometimes ! Just gotta do everything to stack the odds in our favor and hope that Mother Nature helps a bit too ... Cheers buck ... Good luck folks !

Opening day we had a Tom going nuts in the tree then on the ground. He flew down the wrong way and I thought I heard other birds fly down at that point too. At 630 3 more hens flew down from in front of me. I had to leave for work by 645 and my father who was hunting with me went around around to see where they went. He saw the Tom and 6 hens heading away. I know how to set up for him next time but we need the weather to cooperate ! (And NY season starts Thursday so I won't be back till Sunday night)

I heard 3 gobbling away near me on opening day...one was pretty close but we couldn't lure him any closer. Went back out Sat and it was nearly silent. I heard one a long way off gobble twice Sat... Haven't been back out yet due to weather.

My father shot a big jake on Saturday morning (states) I saw over 20 birds Thursday morning in ny. Had a hen come to the decoy and hang out for a while then just walk back to the rest of the flock out in an open field. Saturday morning we had a Tom go to an owl call but we bumped him out of the tree going to set up. Then just before 6 we had 2'jakes fly down right in front of my father. One had a very bad morning :)

I went back out yesterday morning and didn't see or hear Anything!! Guess I will have to try again later in the week. Seems to be a pretty slow & quiet year.

My old man shot another jake on Thursday morning. This one was in niagara. I had a ball game on Wednesday night and didn't get up Thursday morning. He was back home before I was outta bed for work (630). We're hunting NY again this weekend. Hopefully find some more of those birds I saw on opener

Archived