Gopro - Pike Dreams

Andrew30

Hey Guys,

Here is some footage I put together from Pike Opener this year... Unfortunately I recently dropped my GoPro in the water, and wasn't able to recover it.. Not happy to say the least. So footage was somewhat limited.

Hope you guys enjoy it, please share with others. The more views I get = the more excuses to go buy another!!

Pike3_zpsc2627d85.jpg

Nice pike! Next go pro you buy strap or glue some foam or something to it so it floats. There are vids out there on youtube that show some ideas.

Thanks guys.

Graham - I use the float back that gopro sells 90% of the time. Best accessory you can buy. I was changing over to the chest mount which doesn't fit with that backing on it unfortunately. And I was foolish enough to do that swap on the side of the boat lol. Lesson learned the hard way!

Nice going Andrew ! That's a real brute pike . Water is getting warmer & the pike should be getting nastier ! I'm hitting Rennie this morning .....still have a dozen or so nice fat pond chubs to entice those toothy critters .......hope to land one or two like that one . :Gonefishing:

Nice video as always Andrew. Sorry to hear the gopro went bye bye. Maybe one of the few divers on here might volunteer to go have a look for you if you still know the location it went down?

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! And thanks for watching!

Good luck Smerch!

DaveC- I do know the location. That would make my day!... Month and Year if that were to happen haha.. Wondering how long they last underwater with the waterproof housing. Would certainly be interesting.

Two guys in an inflatable, catching fish and filming it! Pretty talented.

I bought a generic floating wrist strap from best buy that I use whenever I'm in the water. It works great and is cheaper and easier to use that the floating back if you are going to hand-hold the camera.

Good luck Smerch!

DaveC- I do know the location. That would make my day!... Month and Year if that were to happen haha.. Wondering how long they last underwater with the waterproof housing. Would certainly be interesting.

Or even if you can find someone with a vexlar ice fishing underwater camera to locate it and fish it out. How deep is it there do you know?

I do know where and about how deep it is where I lost it.. but unfortunately with the bottom as it is, I have a feeling she is burried pretty good.. I would love to try that though.

Its taken some time to get things down pat with the inflatable.. Its a solid inflatable thats for sure, give it lots of credit.. But we've came along way from the first time we got it to make it more and more fishable and practical. Never a dull outing though thats for sure!

Thanks again for all the views, and comments!!

Good luck Smerch!

Well Andrew .....this Andrews got 2 small pike the first half hour , then the fear factor kicked in & they took off ! A very hungry rock bass devoured my chub and that was the end of the bite . With all the technology out there maybe there is a device that can detect your gopro especially while the battery is alive .....If you could have dropped some line with a float on it immediately it could be found with a camera . How deep would it be where the camera dropped in ? .....maybe give it a go with a long handle net ........

todays piggy......at least 26 ounces !!! but a good little scrapper ..... :D

SAM_4249.JPG

Nice going Smerch!

Theres a lot of things I wish I could have done lol.. battery is definitely dead by now if that were possible.. Tried for hours with a really long handled net with no luck... Believe me I was desperately trying lol.

Thanks again for all the comments guys, always appreciate em!!

Oh and Rile, no tape measure handy... I wish I had one because I'm curious. But between unhooking and taking pictures by then I just want to get them back in the water and let em go.. I know its no problem to measure, but the less I handle them the better off I feel aha.. I am very curious though.. and I wont even guess.

Good stuff. This thread got more hits than a crack house !! Maybe we should do a swill with donations for a new go pro so Andrew can keep them coming

Archived