Carpin Yesterday

Daniel8234

Hey guys, went out lastnight from 6-8. Hooked up a nice carp right away I thought it was gonna spool me, it took a long run right away. played it or solid 5-10inutes then my line got cut off a rock or something. Second one on landed. This one only had me eye. I as soaked as i fished right through the storm lol. Anyways

XSDQb1Y.jpg

I found a third of a bag of frozen corn left at Jordan . The kernels were larger than my canned corn but started to ferment ( whisky) aha.....I used it for chum . I believe the canned corn has more scent as it stews inside the vacuum sealed can with some juice . Carp have a keen sense of smell it seems and the canned corn proved to keep them coming for more as I chummed my spot every 30 min. approx. ....only a small handful each time . There is a big menu that carp will look at .....whatever you find that does the trick is good ! Good carpooning ! :Gonefishing:

Best luck I've had after using 5 or 6 different canned corn was the greengiant niblets. the dollar store cans ave huge peices but they are soft and come.off the hook easily.Tried garlic corn too

Best luck I've had after using 5 or 6 different canned corn was the greengiant niblets. the dollar store cans ave huge peices but they are soft and come.off the hook easily.Tried garlic corn too

The dollar stores I went to have changed brands of canned corn (smaller kernels) ......Walmart canned corn, the same size can is cheaper (87 cents) I bought 2 cans to try ....one regular and one peaches & cream . I had better luck on the p & c . There is also the option of using dry puffed corn which requires a larger hook size when not using a hair rig . It softens in the water and stays buoyant for a while . I use the puff corn with grated bread packs or oatmeal .

Archived