Sugarloaf

fredfisher

Has sugarloaf froze up enough for ice angling yet?question 2-have you ever tried ice fishing over the immediate breakwall to the south of the boat launch but within the other wall that is south of that?ive fished sugarloaf before but nit out there.there is a couple access points to that water from the marina/canal area.i want to bring my young lad out but dont want to venture too far from home.thanks guys,FF

The area is super shallow. You would have to walk out almost to the south wall. We tried it last year. I'll take a look today to see how the ice is. I thought I wasn't going to get ice fishing in this year so I haven't been looking.

I'm fishing today after work. anyone have the gate code?

I checked Monday and the ice was fair but not locked up. Seems like other spots in the area are frozen also. Don't know and I won't quote thickness. The ice was moving on Monday with the waves. It was weird.

LT

Thanks Shortys,Lund...post your results and conditions if ya dont mind..if ya do mind,pm me!

Even when the ice is thick/good i see guys set up close to the docks...even right in slips! I would like to try on the inside of the outter breakwall if its deep enough and if conditions permit.

Good Luck Lund!

FF

Has sugarloaf froze up enough for ice angling yet?question 2-have you ever tried ice fishing over the immediate breakwall to the south of the boat launch but within the other wall that is south of that?ive fished sugarloaf before but nit out there.there is a couple access points to that water from the marina/canal area.i want to bring my young lad out but dont want to venture too far from home.thanks guys,FF

There was open water on Monday at the east entrance to get between the breakwalls (near the mills). There was also open water in the sw corner of the inner bw monday. It has been cold so I expect it to be locked now. I'll shoot out a report today.....maybe.

But will be there for sure on Saturday.

I was the one out there today in the hut, 4-6" thick, don't go beyond the last set of docks and breakwall as there is still open water on that side. Water was murky and only caught a few perch for the couple hours I was there.

I was the one out there today in the hut, 4-6" thick, don't go beyond the last set of docks and breakwall as there is still open water on that side. Water was murky and only caught a few perch for the couple hours I was there.

This is what I also found today, 4-7 inches, 2 inches in the newest spot which was open on Monday. G string has open water. A lot of good black ice I found. Found your holes Fishlips, freshly iced over. There were a couple guys out when I left. No fish....but I had no live bait or salties. Had some followers on a time bomb but no takers. Reasonable conditions, I felt safe spudding around.

Oh 412

LT

How Murky was it ? Foot wise vis ?

Cool Court..Im bringing Marsh tomorrow morning.I play sun morn then as you know the boys play in the afternoon..depending on how i fair tomorrow i may try after White team game...so little time!

Hit the 'loaf today...picked up just under a half dozen dinks with our neighbors reporting 2 dozen or so across the board.We were happy to meet some board staple members who are more than knowledgeable about the 'loaf and quick to offer advise!Im so happy i was able to get! I may try and squeeze a couple holes in before or after hockey at the beacon,but i hear the NNE wind blew water over the breakwall and messed up the ice....can anyone comment on the conditions in jordan?

Archived