Baptiste Lake

Flyfisher

I'm heading up to a cottage on Baptiste lake near Bancroft in August. I hear there is mainly bass pike and walleye in there with a few muskies. does anybody have any info or experience fishing this lake or can point me in the direction of some areas to try. Its a fairly large lake and maybe someone who knows it can break it down. I don't expect anyone to divulge any honey holes but just general info on what areas to target and what method (trolling , jigging, casting). Would love to get into some bass and walleye. 

There is a channel at the one end with a hydro dam. It's deeper water in there, good for trolling for larger pike. A bunch of shallow bays close to that end as well that are good for bass and pike. The narrows on the other end heading into elephant lake have lots of stumps and were good musky waters when I was younger before pike were introduced, probably good for pike there now. Apparently there are lake trout in the deep areas in the middle as well. Good luck, hope you do well. 

Some big walleyes there but tough to catch I used to go up there many times a year and will probably start going up again. You have to put in some time to find the walleye usually around rocky humps and what not, it can be hit and miss though.

Archived