First fish at Dalhousie

Godfree

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a picture of my first fish I've ever caught at port. I've been out at least a dozen times with no luck but I managed to catch this walleye in the morning on a worm. Quick picture then back in the water.

cheers.

image.jpeg

Congrats , nice walter  !    Definitely would have been smothered with Panko  and accompanied with fresh fries and soon on the way ....back to Port Dalhousie ! :)

I find the eyes from Port Dal. better eating than Erie eyes .....same water , different lake . They are not much different than the eyes we get at Quinte . Same story with perch . That eye Godfree has looks to be about 3 lbs .which is about as large as I would go for consuming  .  The bigger girls go back .

On 8/17/2016 at 0:17 PM, I'm_A_Drifter said:

That is same reaction I get when I'm tossing back 13" "stickerels" in front of other fishermen who are fishing for them. ?

way back , when there was a min. size limit on pickeral and bass, 13 inches was an inch or two short. Personally, 17 is the smallest I'll keep, cause dad would have chewed me out for keeping any smaller. :(

that fish is out of the stickerel class , more like dinner for 2 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived