Archery deer season starts Sunday

mooseslayer

On 27/09/2017 at 9:34 AM, mooseslayer said:

Oh boy! First time in many years I am here for the opener as I didn't go for archery moose because we didn't get tags. Not too happy with the warm weather but supposed to cool down a bit starting tomorrow. Good luck all...

Guest brookie slayer

Beautiful doe came to within 20 yds but too much brush in between..knew something was up and casually walked off..safety was off...oh  well..spooked one coming back in.. couldn't tell what it was..tracks everywhere..talked to a guy near my area and he seen a buck thiss am...I hunted the pm..

I also had a beautiful doe come with in 20 yards...had a clear shot....buuut...no doe tag...lol...about 40 mins after that had a flock of turkeys come and land right in front of me...they came within 10 yards...buuut....no turkey tag...argggh...that will teach me not to get my tags....lol...oh well..just really nice to get out

went out this morning i had a doe and a fawn walk right past me at 35 yards and about 25 min later had a small 4 point come past didn't take him and i have a tag for a doe but let her go to looking for a bigger buck lot's of time yet i'm thinking about getting a turkey tag i know they are in there too 

Went out Monday morning.

Had 2 small does looking right in at me in my hub blind from about 15 feet away!

I have a doe tag, but didn't want to end the season so soon, and I know there is a big buck out there.

Saw 15 hens coming out to car, and probably could have shot one, but I'm going to wait, hoping for a gobbler.

Guest brookie slayer

Harvested a nice doe yesterday afternoon....35 yds xbow....was on the stand no more than 4 minutes she came in gave me a perfect shot had to take it although I still want to hunt.lol

Archived