Niagara parks: boat launches public information recording and survey

NiagaraRiverFisher

1 minute ago, Logan said:

Can you buy NY License and fish American side on the lower 

The americans have been enforcing the no fishing on the U.S side pretty heavily. There have been several posts over the last few weeks about canadians getting ticketed while fishing the US drifts, Art park being the main one. Last time I was down there a U.S boat was just sitting in the water with his police lights flashing. I haven't been down there in a week or so though. 

14 minutes ago, Darryl L said:

The americans have been enforcing the no fishing on the U.S side pretty heavily. There have been several posts over the last few weeks about canadians getting ticketed while fishing the US drifts, Art park being the main one. Last time I was down there a U.S boat was just sitting in the water with his police lights flashing. I haven't been down there in a week or so though. 

Oh really there website doesn’t say anything about it, and I was still able to purchase a license.. 

So I take it even with a license you are not able to fish ? 
thank you for the info ! 

7 minutes ago, Logan said:

Oh really there website doesn’t say anything about it, and I was still able to purchase a license.. 

So I take it even with a license you are not able to fish ? 
thank you for the info ! 

Other guys can correct me if I'm wrong but what I have been told is that because the U.S border is closed to all "non essential" travel, that includes fishing on all U.S waters. I'm not surprised they would still sell you a licence, but I would be careful fishing those drifts until you confirm 100% with them . 

Seems pretty asinine, I realize the boarder is closed for good reason. 
Though technically I would be standing in a Canadian boat, never to step foot on American soil, never coming in contact with an American citizen, water boarders are conceptual boundaries to begin with, I don’t get why a viral pandemic effects fishing. I get most people fish for sport, but common.

I will take your word for it thanks for the info I guess I just wasted 15$ on a day license, you’d think they would have something posted, no they take your money then when you get there kick you out.

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Seems pretty asinine, I realize the boarder is closed for good reason. 
Though technically I would be standing in a Canadian boat, never to step foot on American soil, never coming in contact with an American citizen, water boarders are conceptual boundaries to begin with, I don’t get why a viral pandemic effects fishing. I get most people fish for sport, but common.

I will take your word for it thanks for the info I guess I just wasted 15$ on a day license, you’d think they would have something posted, no they take your money then when you get there kick you out.

Email them, just maybe they’ll send you your money back. 

Archived