Queenston is now Closed

NiagaraRiverFisher

21 minutes ago, antonio77 said:

Just to be honest and clean after ourselves every time. 

That is my main concern .  I do not like to see the hoards of people squeezing out local from fishing spots . We can't smelt fish at Queenston now as the spot has been taken over by  people from large cities . It is legal yes , but we don't like it , and they leave their trash for our towns to clean up at our expense and they don't spend a dime here either.

Over the years I have seen many fishing spots shut down and the remaining spots are getting more crowded and trashy every year .  My beef has always been the "garbage people" who leave our shores looking like a dump site ....THEY need to be taken to task  !  I will write to the MNR and ask them to bring in tough ($$$) environment rules for the garbage people .

I have posted many photos over the years of the garbage left by anglers and others , including a dead hawk hanging in a tree tangled in fishing line ,  roe bags with hooks that get picked up by dog walkers ,and a trip to the vets .... I always pick up fishing line that the nimrods left behind ....now we have used masks everywhere ....nice !

On 4/10/2021 at 9:45 PM, toaster said:

The garbage over at the pumphouse side was ignorant last week.  When I see that I'm okay with it being shutdown. I'll use my pass in the fall to make it worth my while.

Havent been to Queenston since the meters. Does the pass use your trailer plates or your tow vehicle plates? Someone was asking me as they have 2 different boats and 3 possible vehicles in the household they could tow with...

1 hour ago, steellee said:

Havent been to Queenston since the meters. Does the pass use your trailer plates or your tow vehicle plates? Someone was asking me as they have 2 different boats and 3 possible vehicles in the household they could tow with...

they go by your tow vehicle (s) , you can have two different tow vehicle license plates registered on 1 yearly pass.

21 hours ago, NiagaraRiverFisher said:

they go by your tow vehicle (s) , you can have two different tow vehicle license plates registered on 1 yearly pass.

Thx. At least they have that 2 vehicle option...

Archived