Family Friendly Fishing

Tscov1

So I know this is a loaded question, and asking quite a bit... but can anyone point me to:

1.) A shore fishing spot that...

2.) Is kid/family friendly and shaded

3.) where the kids can have fun catching pretty consistently

4.) and dad can get into some bass, pike, carp, or catfish?

I’ve never been able to locate Martindale pond. Have never had luck at lake Gibson or Port D. 

Firemans park is great most of the time for kids, but I’ve never seen anything bigger than a small blue gill. 

Thanks in advance!

Picture of my brother in law catching his first bass ever at the season opener last night on Lyons creek

8EF85574-394C-4A2C-85E9-A07B0B414BF5.jpeg

Firemans park has some decent sized carp swimming around if you chum it and throw corn on a hair ive had luck fishing it while the kiddos fish the bluegills / bass. There is also some decent catfish in there.

Could check out St. Johns conservation area, decent spot for kids tons of pannies, I take my kids few times a year and its just one after another. I dont bother bringing a rod because im putting worms on and taking fish off 90% of the time. Or I end up fishing with the barbie rod when they get bored and want to go for a walk with the wife.

Look up Green Ribbon Trail if your looking for spots on martindale, Right off martindale rd there is a parking lot and a bit of a walk down a trail but its hard to miss. Tons of species in there.

Rennie park is a great spot too all along the water anything can be caught, shade on the other hand is few and far between but I find if i go after dinner for an hour or 2 its not that bad and the kids catch pannies while I chum and wait for the carp. 

hope this helps, if you need ideas for rigs or baits to use in these areas to increase your success don't be afraid to shoot me a message. Goodluck