Niagara Glen Clean Up Date!

ChefMick

Hi everyone, in a previous thread I had express concerns about the amount of refuse and spent tackle down at the glen and at the whirlpool. since then myself and formost Niagarangler have been in touch with the Niagara Parks organizers for this event.

Here is the confirmation email I just received this morning, unfortunately I may not be able to attend for very long as the restaurant is jammed packed all day with large groups, however please do your best to try and make this cleanup a success, also if anyone is interested in cleaning up the trail down to and the shoreline of the whirlpool I urge you to meet the organizers at the Glen parking lot and voice your intentions at the whirlpool, they may be able to schedule a 2nd garbage pick-up at this location.

Thanks in advance.

Mick.

Hi Michael,
Here is your friendly reminder that we've scheduled a clean up for Saturday June 1st from 10-2pm. Meeting at the Glen parking lot. NPC will supply all bags, gloves, pails for glass pieces and paint for graffiti. Our objectives are garbage pick up, fire pit removal and painting over graffiti. By no means does your group have to stay at the Glen, I know the Whirlpool area needs some TLC too...but if you spread out the invite to family and friends...the Glen could be a gentler route to choose.
Hope to meet you and thanks for the offer to reach out to the fishing community.
Lisa

while I was fishing yesterday in the pool there was a guy down there with a garbagebag picking up trash. he wasn't even fishing, just cleaning up. hats off to that person. after this holiday weekend it will need a cleanup.

while I was fishing yesterday in the pool there was a guy down there with a garbagebag picking up trash. he wasn't even fishing, just cleaning up. hats off to that person. after this holiday weekend it will need a cleanup.

i see a lot of people who are fishing and have a net will fill up their net with garbage on the walk back up and dump it at the top, iknow i started to do that the last 5 ish times i went:)

Ok folks, friendly REMINDER, the clean-up is still on! the organizers from niagara parks commision and Friends of the Glenn need some help.

Please be at the Glenn parking lot for 10 a.m. Saturday June 1st. I will be there a bit early to talk to the Parks commision, but I cannot stay until 2 as we have a busy Saturday night at Mick's.

Dont forget people, If no anglers show up and the rest of the volunteers find a ton of fishing line and spent tackle, its not going to look very good on the angling community.

See you then, ill be in my Chef coat, cant miss me!!

Hometown, hope its a great wedding!,,

The rest of you......well good on you guys for jumping in and offering.

You clearly have better things to do than to help clean up a great fishing spot.....just awesome.

Well you guys missed a beautiful morning down on the river!

While searching hi and lo' for garbage on the trails down to pebbly, I saw many of these fatties.

406810598.jpg

Once I got down to the beach the water was super high but nice and clear and not to mention green as can be, tons of baitfish in close also.

406810600.jpg

and finally the Grand Prize!!

406810601.jpg

I actually could not believe how much spent line was down there, as an angler I'm actually embarrassed!!

on a bright note I manged to get tons of micro and 3 way swivels and tons of shot! and the beach is clean.

On an even brighter note, on my way up to the lot I finally got the chance to meet the crew from Friends of the Glenn, & NFN member BrianB. Can't wait to get out with you Brian and awesome of you to help out with the clean up.

Good job Mick. Have the family here for my sons birthday party. Thanks to NFN members and the friends of the glen for your time and caring efforts.

Thanks for going down Mick. Unfortunately this is year two of me not making it :( It's always nice to see something positive going on out there :)

Archived