Help!:(

Masterfisher420

So I was fishing by the rusty bridge by robin hood on the break wall (if anyone knows where that is) , at the end of the Port Colborne weir from the start of the Summer all the way to the middle of July then stopped going for a week and wen't back and the bass where gone , I was slamming 10 fish in less then 2 hours, nice pretty big large mouth bass and some sheep-head. Is it something i'm doing wrong , i've been told many things like the bass are all heading out into deep waters , and so on but I still manage to land some here and there. I've been using worms and lures , Meps worked the best (Black fury #3) , I don't have a boat so if anyone knows what i'm doing wrong or of any good places to fish in Port Colborne or within a 30 min drive could you contact me or comment below , I wanna try the Grand river or the Niagara gorge but I would need knowledge on how to fish those areas and where.

Same thing when I fished the 12 Mile this year ......same time , low tide , same baits , water viz.....and even the same fishing pole ! The smallies have all but disappeared there this year . I did see lots of small minnows , maybe their bellies are too fat .....or they recognized the smerch ..... :unsure:

Same thing when I fished the 12 Mile this year ......same time , low tide , same baits , water viz.....and even the same fishing pole ! The smallies have all but disappeared there this year . I did see lots of small minnows , maybe their bellies are too fat .....or they recognized the smerch ..... :unsure:

I second that, went to the 12 for the first time during the races and caught a few in less than 30 min of fishing. My next two outings produced a skunk and the conditions were perfect. Maybe the cold winter killed the bass in that area.

I second that, went to the 12 for the first time during the races and caught a few in less than 30 min of fishing. My next two outings produced a skunk and the conditions were perfect. Maybe the cold winter killed the bass in that area.

Where did you go fishing?? I can't seem to catch anything where i'm fishing

Fish move. Check back at that same spot in September when the water cools again. Something brought them there when the temps were cooler, something will bring them back...you just have to figure out what the something is.

Fish move. Check back at that same spot in September when the water cools again. Something brought them there when the temps were cooler, something will bring them back...you just have to figure out what the something is.

Thanks for the advice :) , caught a pickerel today so had some change of luck :)

Archived