Stradic or PT

Hellfish

Hey guys just looking for a opinion here, i have a opportunity to get a Stradic MGFA or the Aero or a Quantum PT all spinning reels, for a price that can not be beaten 75.00 for 1 of them buddy wants to keep 2 but wants to sell one he doesnt care which one, all are slightly used but cant even tell the difference if they were used or new. If anyone has a opinion would love to hear it, thnx in advance.

Personally I would say the stradic...I like the quick retrieval rate and I find the PT feels like a cheap reel with it being noticibly heavier than the stradic especially the MGFA not to mention the stradic destroys in smoothness.

Guest Gill Finigan

Depends on what model PT it is. The Stradic MG is around $250 retail compared to a Kinetic PT that's around $85. Both PT's and Stradic's are high quality reels. I love my MG it's so light and smooth.

I have used alot of different spinning reels over the years, and by far my favs would have to be Quantum...the one I have on my "everyday" rod has a wicked smooth drag..I have landed tonnes of big fish on it, same as some other reels I have owned in the past...I actually used them so much they wore out...but I definately got my money's worth out of them all. :)

I have used alot of different spinning reels over the years, and by far my favs would have to be Quantum...the one I have on my "everyday" rod has a wicked smooth drag..I have landed tonnes of big fish on it, same as some other reels I have owned in the past...I actually used them so much they wore out...but I definately got my money's worth out of them all. :Gonefishing:

Personnaly I'd take that light magnesium Stradic pretty quick. As mentioned earlier, that is the more expensive Stradic around $250. The Quantum PT I had went back to the retailer after the anti reverse kept failing me in cold weather. PT's had a bad history of this... must have corrected that issue by now.

Guest cplummer

i have had huge problems with the stratic i had.. the shaft bent after 3 uses and they blamed me and wouldn't replace it... go quantium

Cliff, the handles are for reeling :blink: not a pry bar :D:Gonefishing::P

LOL this is true :D

I got the quantum felt like the better reel, a little heavier and a little bigger, and my gf came through again and bought it for me for my birthday (a lil early) but im not complaining :P

I have used alot of different spinning reels over the years, and by far my favs would have to be Quantum...the one I have on my "everyday" rod has a wicked smooth drag..I have landed tonnes of big fish on it, same as some other reels I have owned in the past...I actually used them so much they wore out...but I definately got my money's worth out of them all. :Gonefishing:

!!

Guest FishSlayer

I bought the stradic 2500FH and have been impressed. I was considering getting the quantum because i have a pt tour edition rod, but I decided on the Stradic because of its light weight. Also I didn't want to get caught up in the "bearing race" so I didn't buy into "the more bearings the better" kind of attitude. So far no problems, and I got a decent deal on it brand new.

Guest canadadude

I've had way to many problems with Stradics myself!!! Not sure if they have improved but Shimmano is off the list of manufacturers I support!!! DIAWA is the only spinning reels for me now!!! there tanks and the company supports there products with no warranty hassels!!!!

Guest cplummer

I have noticed the shimano guys have spoken up and they are their sponsors while the quantum guys don't need to say a thing as the PT line speaks for itself!! :) now you get it................

cliff...

lol @ Cliff, i love my Quantum PT Casting Combo the Energy with a 7ft heavy action rod aboslutly killer combo, drags the pike and bass in with out a problem. I bought a Shimano compre of Denis a couple weeks back cause 2 rods broke on me and i was desperate and it is a awesome rod with crazy sensitivity and at a affordable price, thats what the new quantum is on and it is becomming my favourite combo quickly

Dont bite your fingers to much Tom u might need em for the 10th :) I love the new quantum but like i said it is a little heavier but it balances the rod really well. i guess now only time will tell

Guest cplummer
:lol::lol: I was biting my tongue(fingers) Cliff........good choice Hellfish... way to play both sides, quantum reel, shimano rod....now Blake and I are both happy! :D

I was waiting for you to say something :rolleyes:

a sence of humor is always needed when i speak up on this site...

as this is my non-serious fun fishing site... :)

cliff...

Archived