Any Results

bucketmouthjohnny

Here you go Johnny, I was tournament director for this one and I forgot to get someone to take pictures, sorry.

4 fish individual limits. Great day to be out. Fish were taken on all different techniques from senkos, tubes, spinnerbaits and chatter baits. A good mix of smallmouths and largmouths with lots of fish caught by everyone.

Sunday June 16 American side of the Upper Niagara River

Norm Jones 11.64 3.33 smallie

Dan Pozzobon 11.42 3.48lbs largie

Gino Tavano 10.60 BIG FISH 3.56 lbs Largemouth

Mike Gribben 10.12

Steve Hawrylyshyn 9.86 BIG FISH 4.00lbs Smallie

Rob Lafleur 9.32

Paul Croteau 8.94

Al Gorrie 8.63

Tom Chopin 8.24

Rory Soper 6.10

Good to hear everyone was catching, looks like a lot of 2-3 lbers were caught, much like Saturday. Any toothy critters to report?? :D Isn't it a lot of fun catching fish on so many different baits/presentations B) Wish we had a tourney out there on Saturday :( but than again, we would have had to quit fishing at 2:30 and there was no way we could stop.

There were a few pike caught, I had a muskie on for about 10 seconds but it came unbottoned. Lots of little pike taking a swipe at the bait. My partner came up with his line flapping in the wind a couple of times. :(

Like you said in your post there is a bizzilion little bass in the river, a very healthy population. The largemouth fishing is probably one of the best kept secrets around(until now! B) ) We are spoiled to have such awesome fisheries just minutes away, any season.

The american boat traffic was little busy, some of the those wakes were 4-5 feet high.

Toothy critters, this has been the most toothies i have ever witnessed since fishing the river, over 10 years, they are everywhere, i just hope 50% of those 9-14 inchers (buckets) make it through a couple more seasons and the angling for bass is just gonna get better!!! I am afraid they might be critter food though. I might have to invest in a cradle i catch so many of these things :( I learned not to use a tungsten sinker for texas rigging anymore while fishing the river :DB) They must have had a poker run going on Saturday, you should have seen this beasts rippin up the river and than back again, very cool, and surprisingly, very little waves.

twas a great day and my 4 fish limit was 6.10 :( lots of fish caught just couldnt get the big ones. I landed a decent little pike maybe 29 30 inches thought it was a sweet bass until i saw the damned thing, great day for a tourny though

I forgot to tell you about the body that floated by us. A group of 10 people on a bridge crossing the creek I was fishing threw someone's ashes into the water. We were only about 20 yards away on the other side of the bridge, a grey matt floated right by us with a Rose tied with a bow. Kinda creepy.....

kind of creepy??? I hate to hear what really creeps ya out :( lol but seriously was a great learning experience for my first tourny with a exceptional largemouth fishermancouldnt have asked for more.

Archived