Scugog-Simcoe report

Guest Abinokid

Guest Abinokid

Started on the bog today with some board members.The bite was really light.Missed two eyes and one at the hole,cold temps made it tuff. Then went out front of Keffers just past the first huts.Battle cold winds but still managed 18 keepers.Caught them on a tip up and rattle spoons with minnows.Ice was 8 inches on that side with some bad spots marked with small ceders.Good day out and made some knew friends.Thanks and see you on the hard stuff.abinokid

Guest cplummer

Came back early due to lack of bite! we seen tons of walleye on the aqua view but they would'nt even bat a fin at the bait..I have never seen it so poor but that weather seemed to have had quite an effect on them. Not even the locals were catching anything the past 4 days i'm told ..i feel bad to have gone through so much trouble getting this togeather only to find out the walleye were not hitting at all .I went up sick and came home sicker .I'm sorry to all that went through so much trouble comming up there with me and only catch a cold! BUT on the plus side i met some good people and new friends .. Next time i'll go alone and carry phone #'s with me so i can call people when things get normal with the fishing!! Again thanks guys for joining me for some tough fishing..

cliff...

Guest Jeetmuck

Ya,

The fishing was tough but sure was great to meet you guys. As Abino Kid said, all wasn't lost, ended up on Simcoe out of Keffer's and did alright, but a lot of dinks myself went back in the hole.

But as most will say, any day fishing is better than not getting out at all. Now I still have to go and thaw my fingers out. :lol:

Now going to see if I can get out to Quinte tomorrow.

JM

Guest Gill Finigan

No such thing as a bad day fishing, Cliff. Even a no fish day is better then working. Nothing like seeing them on the aquaview and can't get them to bite.

Guest cplummer

yeah reg one walleye even flashed us and another gave us the finger !! the aqua view was awesome !! brad will rent it from you 100 times before he actually buys it....see that? we ALL win :-)

cliff...

Hoping to get up to cook's bay on friday with my dad, i keep hearing people are doind alright. Where some of you guys on scugog or simcoe. Also might try a few lakes north of simcoe, does anyone go to st. john's?

Duke

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

Yes next time we will get um. I have rarley been skunked on scugogg but I tyhink your right it has something to do with the berometer bottoming out at -13 injust a couple of hours. from + temps one day to - 13 the next had some effect i bet.

Guest cplummer

the night bite we moved in the weeds.we found tons of weeds!!lots seen there at the night bite on the aqua view but they just stared at the bait.CharlieD had one to the hole but lost it and i hooked a good one for 3 seconds (stopped my lure dead) dang stinger was too far up.and Brad pulled one right out of a walleyes mouth (seen on the aqua view ) he pulled too soon so blame it on the view lol...I went up there with a 101 temp.(fever). Usually they bite best when the temp has been stable for a few days ..i prefer going when it's 0 temp..i'll be going up there a week from tomorrow for 2 days i can bet things will be different if the temps don't make a sudden wild swing.. also i would highly recommend the san-man motel it's clean and warm 2 double beds 100 a night..

cliff...

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks for the offer Cliff of the minnows, never made it out as I had to do some work to the truck.

If anybody wants to get something going again, count me in.

Thanks again Cliff for setting it up, maybe next time we get into some pics.

JM

Guest cplummer

Your all very welcome but i just wished the bite would have been a bit more normal..scugog is never like that! so i don't get it.When you see so many eyes on the camera and to have them just swim around without even thinking about biting really pees me off. I feel bad about the bite but thats life. If someone organizes a trip when i'm off i'll be there for sure ...that spot i showed you boys has always payed off large so trust me don't give up on it you'll see what i mean when you hit it when the weathers stable..

cliff...

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

I will be trying it again cliff, dont worrie. its not your fault so dont feel so guilty!

we all knew the drastic change in weather would effect the fishing.

I m there if there is another one .

Archived