Update on the store

rick

As you might know I have been putting together an online store, hoping to sell some items with this sites logo on them and judging from the feedback, it probably would be very popular. Lately though after doing some research on the company that I was going to use, it appears I might have to explore some new options. The company Cafepress.com, which is located in California, makes excellent products and supplies them to thousands of customers and I was looking forward to dealing with them. But considering that 80% of the visitors and members of this site are Canadian, it looks like after factoring in exchange, shipping, duty and handling fees from Canada Customs that it might be very expensive to purchase from this shop.

I'm not scrapping Cafepress yet as I'm still waiting for some test products to be delivered that were shipped out a few weeks ago as I'm curious as to what the final costs will be. In the meantime i'll be exploring other options on having an online shop and would appreciate any information anyone might have on this that would help. If anyone has ever done anything like this before or if someone knows of a good Canadian company to deal with for these types of items, please send me an email or post below. Thanks in advance!

Rick.

hat1.jpg

t-shirt1.jpg

golf-shirt1.jpg

all looks to be of good quality... not sure where it's made tho!!

They're a board out of Ottawa ( www.fish-hawk.net ), so i would imagine their stuff is made in Canada... "fishhawk" would be the man to talk to on that message board...

Thanks for the responses guys. Like I said I haven't given up on the Cafepress store yet as I've also heard some good reports from other Canadian shop owners but I will still look into other options. I've already talked to TJ over at the OFN site and will contact Fish Hawk as well but being the lazy SOB that I am, I really didn't want to get into a situation where I become a middleman having to buy stuff directly then having to ship it all out myself, as Cafepress takes care of all that for me.

Here's the link to the store I have set up, tell me what you guys think. Cheers!

Thanks for the responses guys. Like I said I haven't given up on the Cafepress store yet as I've also heard some good reports from other Canadian shop owners but I will still look into other options. I've already talked to TJ over at the OFN site and will contact Fish Hawk as well but being the lazy SOB that I am, I really didn't want to get into a situation where I become a middleman having to buy stuff directly then having to ship it all out myself, as Cafepress takes care of all that for me.

Here's the link to the store I have set up, tell me what you guys think. Cheers!

7036[/snapback]

The store looks good, now you just have to get some real models, especially for the thong.

The store looks good, now you just have to get some real models, especially for the thong.

7037[/snapback]

Are you volunteering? Um, on second thought........never mind. :dunno:

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Are you volunteering? Um, on second thought........never mind.  :dunno:

7040[/snapback]

What is it about dr_feelgood and thongs.

Thanks. I'm still waiting for my test stuff but from what I hear from other shop owners, it's all very good quality.

Just so everyone knows, the prices are all in U.S. funds and there will be international shipping charges. I'm still a little skeptical of doing it this way but if nobody has any objections of the setup then i'll leave it the way it is.

sure i could do that, no one else can pick the stuff up... so everything that's received there would magically be "lost" in transit :o j/k

but if i remember correctly it doesn't cost much to get one.... may be an option for some... my luck someone would order drugs and i'd be the one arrested :P :P

Good idea on the drugs. You got me thinkin now......hmmm :o

Here's another option for us Canucks. When placing the order, you have the option of sending it as a gift to another house. This way the prices are not on the parcel and duties will not be charged. I sent the idea to Cafepress to have all international parcels marked as gifts, this way i'm sure sales will increase for them and for their shop owners. I'm not sure if this breaks any laws or not though.

I'm not sure if this breaks any laws or not though.

7200[/snapback]

Would it be the first time :P

You will be taking Visa??

I heard from someone that if I put one of your Decals on my boat, you were going to pay my gas bill for 2005 :o

Would it be the first time :P

You will be taking Visa??

I heard from someone that if I put one of your Decals on my boat, you were going to pay my gas bill for 2005 :o

7202[/snapback]

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and check cards, as long as they are connected with one of the major credit card companies listed above.

The decal thing you heard about is false. The only stipulation is whoever has a decal on the boat must take me fishing in it.

The decal thing you heard about is false. The only stipulation is whoever has a decal on the boat must take me fishing in it.

7205[/snapback]

Theres alway an open invite!!!!

Maybe it was Denis that said if I put a decal on my boat he would pay my 2005 gas bill!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still laughing at that one Brian  :)

7255[/snapback]

Geez laughing??? Just think of the exposer your store would get. Can't be that much money for my gas bill. I only put a 1000 miles or more on my big motor last year! :worthy:

Archived