Was Out on Simcoe Today !!!

Guest Slyatv

SLY%20GONE%20FISHING.gif

Went out off Roaches Point yesterday and today . I found that today the Hole in my hut had frozen another half an inch in the hole 2x3 in just 11 hours .. So we caught many fish.. Seen a LARGE trout swim thru . kept my line real still as all I had was a perch rod. Was good to see them SOOOO I'm going tomorrow for sure. We're gonna go out to deeper water and hunt trout WOOO HOOO

So Today (Monday ) I and the owner of the local bait shop (Smokeys) Went out off Jackson's Pt ... Two days ago ...no ice ...Today though 5 inches black /white ice very rough from the wind tumbelling the ice chunks . It was very very rough as the pressure cracks are 9 ft tall in areas.But the Flat ice areas are good no snow . Jackson's Pt is a write off as far as getting way out; but even off De LA Salle there are three LARGE cracks to cross ; NASTY ... And I never caught any fish either . Somehow the hut goes out to 57 ft tomorrow for sure.I was standing on the spot today 5 inches of ice today and negative temps Got the help comin It's gonna be - 20 ish yup thats the day..Trout for dinner tomorrow Night... Slyatv

Archived