Lake Erie ICE ???

Guest Walleye Finder

Guest Walleye Finder

With this cold snap in our Niagara Region I would think there should be some ice forming in the Crystal Beach / Point Abino area.

Can anyone confirm this for me??? :lol:

Thanks in advance

Walleye Finder

Guest Walleye Finder
With this cold snap in our Niagara Region I would think there should be some ice forming in the Crystal Beach / Point Abino area.

Can anyone confirm this for me??? :dunno:

Thanks in advance

Walleye Finder

7027[/snapback]

There has to be ice now.... Anyone know for sure ?????????

Walleye Finder

Guest Big Bass Rich

I know the inner bay of Long Point Bay has ice but not thick enough to fish on yet. Maybe 2 inches if we're lucky. By the end of the week though, who knows!

I was out that way yesterday, and the BBC is totally frozen over but I have no clue if it safe or not...the rest of the shoreline was slowly freezing but not even close to forming a layer yet...also was out by the Crystal Beach boat ramp and all water there for the moment. I have a couple pictures but have no clue how to post them...any help?

Hey guys: Did a little scouting around today. There was ice formed on bay out from Crystal Beach. Alot of shove ice near BBC. If it stays calm and cold things will look good. They are calling for some moderate south winds tonight. This could push all the ice up. There is no safe ice here yet. I live only five minutes from here so I will keep posting ice conditions as I see them. Scottydog

Hi guys, this is a link to a site that posts satellite images of the ice cover on the great lakes. The map is color coded to indicate the ice thickness. It seems to be updated every day or two. Click on the last entry at the bottom of the list, which will be the most recent map.

Tim

http://140.90.54.35/pub/great_lakes/D9_Support/

Guest Walleye Finder
Hi guys, this is a link to a site that posts satellite images of the ice cover on the great lakes.  The map is color coded to indicate the ice thickness.  It seems to be updated every day or two.  Click on the last entry at the bottom of the list, which will be the most recent map.

Tim

http://140.90.54.35/pub/great_lakes/D9_Support/

7363[/snapback]

Thanks for the site !!

Walleye Finder

Guest Walleye Finder
very helpful site.... thanks.

7427[/snapback]

judging by the update, Point abino should be good to go by Friday morning !!!

Walleye Finder, looking for jumbo perch FRIDAY !!!!

Archived