Suggestions for a trolling motor battery?

Technosis

I'm looking to get a good quality deep cycle battery to power a 21 pound thrust trolling motor. I'd use it 3 - 4 times a year, typically under 6 hours each time. I'd prefer something that is somewhat portable, but with good reserves. What brand offers good value? thanks. :Gonefishing:

I'm looking to get a good quality deep cycle battery to power a 21 pound thrust trolling motor. I'd use it 3 - 4 times a year, typically under 6 hours each time. I'd prefer something that is somewhat portable, but with good reserves. What brand offers good value? thanks. :Gonefishing:

Try the Canadian tire nautalis battery...It has navigation lights , a spot light, compressor ....booster cables the list goes on and on. And the good thing is when you are finished fishing just plug it in and it re- charges . I have had one for years and still works great! Watch for sales ....it goes on 40% off at times....Good luck...DDJP.

I use Nautalis, batteries,1, for my starting/cranking battery to run my accesories and also 1 deepcycle just for my bow mount Minkotta...4th season now on both batteries and no problems at all, they cost a fair buck, but worth the money..thanks for reminding me I have to charge my trolling motor battery :lol:

Costco is the most inexpensive when it comes to any batteries. I think it cost only $65 for 850 cranking amp and warranty for 100 months

Buy a Deep cycle automatic trickle charger as well. Overcharging batteries will shorten its life and can be dangerous

Always store your battery at temp above 10degree during winter and make sure it is fully charge.

I agree cosco will give you the best warranty. Try to buy a trickle charger 1 or 2 amps or a solar charger to maintain full charge when not in use. or you might find your battery will not hold a charge.

Archived