L Erie to day

captnn

Stopped trying to fish with dipseys and jets and went back to riggers. Got 4 walleye 6, 4, and 2 2lbers. Fishing in 80' of water 60' down. Kind of windy but not too rough. Fish finder wasn't working so I tried different depths till I got one and stayed there.

way to go on finding them "the hard way" Nick, seems way more smaller sized ones being reported this year than last for sure, must be great for the guys who are keeping a few for the table...man I hafta get out there soon., :blush:

Hi Scotty I monitor 68 when its on. Sometimes get tired of listening to all the crap and switch to 16 or shut it off. Yeh Jack its a little harder without a fishfinder but I like the challenge. Appreciate it more when you have to work for a fish instead of someone telling you what to do. Will to go to TO to morrow if weather is bad and get it fixed.

ya too bad about the fish finder Nick, I like the challenge too, no fish finder in my 14 footer yet that I have been using at my camp..helps cuz I have years of experience on that lake well before any boats I had, had a fish finder in them :D , keeps you on your toes trying to figure out where the fish might be...I am sure your years of experience on the lake helps you figure it out Nick :(:blush:

Archived