Boat Launch, Welland River by Merrit Island

skybuster

Chilli, there is a launch on river rd, Turn down ross street, by UAP than follow ross down to Hicks lumber, I'm not sure what the name of the street is but turn left onto this street, than turn right onto river road, follow river rd and look for the launch on the left hand side, plenty of room for your trailer.

That launch will do you fine chili and most car toppers. There is no dock however so make sure you have a long rope to retrieve the boat. Watch out for a giant snake there as well. I have caught smallies and pike right in front of that launch. Our club was asked several years ago to help with restoration of that part of the river and we had a few companies on board and were going to put a nice concrete ramp and everything and than at the last minute we were told thanks but no thanks and that the city or whoever had already put the launch in. Try not to laugh too hard when you see this supposed launch and watch out for the sharp metal at the end, it seemed to have rolled up. I haven't been down there in 2 years so i can just imagine what it must be like now.Theres probably enough room for 3 or 4 trailers maybe but most people that put in there are using car toppers. Good luck, John.

Guest chilli

Thanks guys! And it doesn't look like a very long row from the spillway :)

2 years ago we dropped in a dingy and headed up to the bend and caught a nice pickeral. It's a good spot for the kiddies too. Thanks again.

Archived