Wilson Harbor

Guest Jdawg67

Guest Jdawg67

Does anyone have an Ice Report for Wilson Harbor? I have heard the ice fishing is good there, but have never been. I live in Cambria, and this is the closest place I have heard of the get out on the ice for a couple hours. If anyone has a report, please let me know. Also, if there are any other options, I up for suggestions. I'm headed to Simcoe next week, but I want to get out for a couple hours this weekend to check out the new camera.

Thanks

Does anyone have an Ice Report for Wilson Harbor?

I don`t know what the ice is like, but stay away from the creek by the boat launch.

Moving water under the ice will make it much thinner than the rest of the harbor.

Unless the ice is very thick, it`s not safe. Same goes for Olcott/18 mi, creek.

I have fished them both in the past and not done very well, but that`s me. :P

Good luck, :o

Just wondering where Wilson Harbour is...never heard of it...what can you catch there?

7208[/snapback]

PickerelHunter......................

Wilson Harbor is a popular Lake Ontario fishing spot on the US side.

Depending on the time of year I would guess you could catch anything that swims in Lake Ontario.

Never fished there myself, but my sense is that it is about 10-12 miles due east from

Ft. Niagara by land or the Niagara Bar by sea. :)

-Dave

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Just wondering where Wilson Harbour is...never heard of it...what can you catch there?

7208[/snapback]

Wilson Harbour.alot of the winning fish from last years derby came from this area in June-August

Wilson1104.jpg

Wilson Harbour.alot of the winning fish from last years derby came from this area in June-August

Wilson is a good location for trout and salmon. The harbour itself holds,in the summer, bass and pike and pan fish. Spring and fall will bring trout and salmon

up the creek. You can also catch trout under the ice. But I can`t. :lol:

Brian, this past spring we talked about a Troll Master for your kicker.

Just wondering if you got one. If you do a lot of trolling with a kicker

it`s one of those"must have" things.

http://www.troll-masterpro.com/

Wilson is a good location for trout and salmon. The harbour itself holds,in the summer, bass and pike and pan fish. Spring and fall will bring trout and salmon

up the creek. You can also catch trout under the ice. But I can`t. :)

Brian, this past spring we talked about a Troll Master for your kicker.

Just wondering if you got one. If you do a lot of trolling with a kicker

it`s one of those"must have" things.

http://www.troll-masterpro.com/

7483[/snapback]

Hey whats up Doc

When I read that the throtle had to be preset I figured it wouldn't work for me. I troll at 1.8-1.9 for lake trout and faster for Salmon,with the wind factor added I figured I would never get it to work right.

How do you find yours? How did you make out Salmon fishing last year?

When I read that the throtle had to be preset I figured it wouldn't work for me.

Brian, no presetting of the throttle. That`s what`s nice about it.

The speed is variable from 0 to max throttle, in 1/10 mph increments.

And the controller is mounted by the helm.

We did well last spring and poorly last fall. :worthy:

How did you do on the salmon?

If we can get a nice weekend soon I would like to take the boat out.

When I read that the throtle had to be preset I figured it wouldn't work for me.

Brian, no presetting of the throttle. That`s what`s nice about it.

The speed is variable from 0 to max throttle, in 1/10 mph increments.

And the controller is mounted by the helm.

We did well last spring and poorly last fall. :worthy:

How did you do on the salmon?

If we can get a nice weekend soon I would like to take the boat out.

7645[/snapback]

Geez I thought it was presets on it,increments of 1/10 mph,might have to have another look at it. thanks for the info.

Spring Salmon I did very well,I think there was only 1 day in April that I didn't fish.

May and June for the most part I was up north fishing Lake Trout. Didn't fish in July,but did ok for the first 2 weeks of August. Then the bottom fell out of the Salmon fishing,I got a couple off of the Red Can and down off of Wilson,but they were far and few between.

Had between 300 and 400 Salmon onboard. Never made it to the Bar this fall or winter!

Check Year End Review

Archived