MNR Air Photos

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Has anyone seen these maps. Are they any good for checking shore lines for possible camp sites?

MNR Air Photos

7133[/snapback]

Hi, Brian, Ibought some of those maps last fall for Ramsey lake and they are great. I definately recommend them. They are pricy but show alot of detail including old logging roads. You might have to buy a few maps and piece them together. They fedex the maps to your door in a nice safe tube.

Thanks Stirpe

I've ordered over $100 worth of the Island on L.Nipigon. Hopefully I won't have to do much searching for that perfect camp site and protection from the waves for the Avro Arrow.

How have you been making out? Did you go out this AM?

Thanks Stirpe

I've ordered over $100 worth of the Island on L.Nipigon. Hopefully I won't have to do much searching for that perfect camp site and protection from the waves for the Avro Arrow.

How have you been making out? Did you go out this AM?

7191[/snapback]

The fishing has been on and off for me. I find it all depends on water clarity and direction of wind. A couple of Sundays ago I was expecting to see you at the Bar, you should have came,wierd day. Caught 3 lakers all morning, then at 12 noon we couldn't keep them off our lines. one after another till 3:00. I felt sorry for the people who left because the fishing was slow. Goes to show that sometimes you just have to wait till they are ready to bite.

The fishing has been on and off for me. I find it all depends on water clarity and direction of wind. A couple of Sundays ago I was expecting to see you at the Bar, you should have came,wierd day. Caught 3 lakers all morning, then at 12 noon we couldn't keep them off our lines. one after another till 3:00. I felt sorry for the people who left because the fishing was slow. Goes to show that sometimes you just have to wait till they are ready to bite.

7367[/snapback]

That figures! I'm not much for fishing weekends (crowds) Yeah I don't get some ppl saying i'm not going unless there biting or lets go home theres no fish.

Thanks for the info!!

I'll see you this spring for Salmon,if not before!!

I would like to see some photo's like this. it gives you an idea of how far out the drop offs are located. This should prove instrumental in locating perch this year. This picture is small but click on the link below for the 2 meg file!

Arial%20BlackCreek-Abino-small.jpg

Click for Large file. May need to zoom or use full screen feature to see large size.

Archived