lures

seao

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Where are you fishing?

You can try cut bait,with a dodger or dodger/fly or A TOM MIK fly or lyman green black ladder. To name a few.

As for depths,no need on going to deep water,the Salmon are staging and are in close. Try shallow early(before daybreak)then start to move out later in the day. Trolling speed 2.2/2.8

Hope this helps. Let us know how you do.

IBleedCanadian Quote

werent you landing every fish in lake ontario last season? remember reading numerous reports with multiple fish catches almost everyday Quote

You haven't been reading my posts?

I hope your not trying to give me a hard time,I try to back up my reports with pics.

Salmon fishing has slowed down now. Just waiting on the Salmon to move up river and then i'll start fishing the Bar for LT,Browns and Steelhead.

IBleedCanadian Quote

werent you landing every fish in lake ontario last season? remember reading numerous reports with multiple fish catches almost everyday Quote 

You haven't been reading my posts?

I hope your not trying to give me a hard time,I try to back up my reports with pics.

Salmon fishing has slowed down now. Just waiting on the Salmon to move up river and then i'll start fishing the Bar for LT,Browns and Steelhead.

540[/snapback]

Steelhead what are those? Do they fight at all :(

Thanks for the info Brian much appreciated

Guest steelies
Steelhead what are those?  Do they fight at all  :(

Thanks for the info Brian much appreciated

543[/snapback]

Steelheads are rainbows that live in the lakes. They fight like the dickins and jump all over in open water. Many in the niagra river in late fall and through out the winter months.

Brian, Don't let them give you a hard time. We enjoy reading your updates.

I have only caught two fish on cut bait this year. Have more luck on silver spoons (evil Eye- silver with blue lighting bolt). Over 60% caught on slider lines VS main line. What colour holders and flashers do you use or do you use dodgers. I caught them on green dodger and green glow holders. I troll 2.5 m/hr. and run 50 ft behind the ball.

Any tip would be apprieciated, I fish out of 50 point.

Thank you and good fishing,

Steelies.

Steelheads are rainbows that live in the lakes.  They fight like the dickins and jump all over in open water.  Many in the niagra river in late fall and through out the winter months.

Brian,  Don't let them give you a hard time.  We enjoy reading your updates.

I have only caught two fish on cut bait this year.  Have more luck on silver spoons (evil Eye- silver with blue lighting bolt).  Over 60% caught on slider lines VS main line.  What colour holders and flashers do you use or do you use dodgers.  I caught them on green dodger and green glow holders.  I troll 2.5 m/hr. and run 50 ft behind the ball.

Any tip would be apprieciated,  I fish out of 50 point.

Thank you and good fishing,

Steelies.

544[/snapback]

There both good guys.

I use mainly dodgers, I like anything with a blue and silver in it. My holders are blue,green,with a streak of purple. My speed is about the same as yours. However I dodn't run my dodgers that far back,mainly 20-30' Should I try 50'?

I rarely use sliders (cheaters) If I do I hold them at depth with an elastic band.

Heres a good run down that a charter guy from Rochester posted

Rigger set backs cheaters sliders and such

Guest steelies
There both good guys.

I use mainly dodgers, I like anything with a blue and silver in it. My holders are blue,green,with a streak of purple. My speed is about the same as yours. However I dodn't run my dodgers that far back,mainly 20-30'  Should I try 50'?

I rarely use sliders (cheaters) If I do I hold  them at depth with an elastic band.

Heres a good run down that a charter guy from Rochester posted

Rigger set backs cheaters sliders and such 

556[/snapback]

Thanks Brian,

Maybe I run too far off the ball, I'm going out Saturday at 5 Am. I will try 20' from the ball. I think there is more action from the Dodger if you run short leads.

I use a 35" leader off the dager to my herring strip. Never try Anchovies.

You should try the slider (Cheater). Use a 3' leader with a swivel snap on each end. Clip on end with a light lure (evil eye or NK 28) and the other let it run down the main line. You will be very impress with the result. I have caught 60% this year off the slider line. Your line will not get tangle if you keep your lead short.

In the summer I was running 60-75' at the ball with the slider (about half way down I think). Did very well. You know you have a strike off the slider when you rod popped and it sits there for a split second before bouncing!!! Remenber to set the hook twice. Once to pick up the slack line and the second to set the hook.

Try it on one rod Brian. TWO LURES IS BETTER THEN ONE!!! ;)

Sorry if I offended the two of you. (I bet you guys were busting %@$@% for fun! :P

Tight lines Boys,

Steelies

Archived